Dean Smith

Demitri_C

22 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Ah balls. He should have known better really but heat of the moment stuff and Moss must be an infuriating ref to have to deal with.

He is 50 years old and doesn't look in shape, yet is in charge of a physically demanding league. This annoys me about Moss more than anything 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

£8,000 fine and a one game touchline ban.

Good.  

I hope he brings it up every single game for the rest of the season, and keeps getting fined. 

I hope he then refuses to pay the fines and tells the Premier League to take him to court to collect the money.

I hope he accidentally drops the word corruption into every interview without specifically calling the Premier League corrupt, but in a way that everyone knows he’s talking about the Premier League being corrupt.

Yes, I’m still angry at the Premier League being corrupt.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is 50 years old and doesn't look in shape, yet is in charge of a physically demanding league. This annoys me about Moss more than anything 

Agreed. Does he really look like a professional referee? He definitely doesn’t referee like one!

He added further provocation, he should’ve just booked DS from the centre circle but he couldn’t help himself from getting involved further.

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Completely agree

He's the embodiment of what PGMOL is, old boys not fit for purpose

There is no way you can look at Moss and not understand why he struggles to keep up with world class young athletes, if they feel like his experience is vital then put him in the VAR room where he can still use it

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The media are cowards so I dont think they will but would be interesting if they asked other managers in the weekly press conference what the response would be

7 hours ago, TRO said:

I want us to just score and win........that incident does not need to distract us from getting our game right and progressing......let them wallow in their own stupidity, everyone to a man knows deep down that rule is pants, but they haven't got the humility to own up to it....they will change it, when no one is looking.....pathetic creatures.

I wouldn't mind quite so much if they responded by saying " we can't change the result, but we can see why Aston Villa are aggrieved, we will look at the ruling.......instead of that, to top it all, our manager is being punished......intransigent bunch of cockroaches.

Back to our play and what can we do

despite an heroic performance under difficult circumstances, there was a few things we could do better.....we just need to refocus our efforts on getting better......progress is the holy grail, and so far we are doing just fine....but,get back on track and start winning again.

Sad thing is it doesn’t matter if we get our game right, we get screwed over every time, we’ve lost something like 4 games directly because of refereeing decisions... not just run of the mill mistakes but monumental unbelievable decisions, their was TWO in the Man United game, the penalty and then Maguire handball, two! 

Imagine our league position without those glaring obvious decisions that should’ve been overturned with Var. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yes, looking at the whole offside rule.

Offside offence

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

• interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
  • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
  • challenging an opponent for the ball or
  • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
  • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

*The first point of contact of the 'play' or 'touch' of the ball should be used

or

• gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:
  • rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar or an opponent
  • been deliberately saved by any opponent
  • A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent. 

How can they, with a straight face that 1) Rodri receives the ball from Mings and 2) Rodri doesn't gain an advantage by being there is just absurd. And the nodding dogs within the media are just as **** bad. 

The closest interpretation (as the scenario that happened isn't specifically described) is that Mings deliberately saved the ball. And then Rodri interferes with Mings before he can take his next touch. The PGMOL have written off the entire first section of the rule as they deem Mings has made a touch and that immediate first phase set of rules is ignored. Assuming we accept that (which is still in itself bollocks but it's subjective so its a debate you can't defeat them on), then that second section would still apply, and in that case they have still got it wrong.

They got it wrong, and the world have chosen to accept their explanation with not a single independent critique of the shocking questionable explanation. F%#%ing football media for you. 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

So for odd £300 k a year we can tell the FA, referees and VAR what utter shite their contribution is to the league, EVERY single game?

Well worth it.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

So for odd £300 k a year we can tell the FA, referees and VAR what utter shite their contribution is to the league, EVERY single game?

Well worth it.

They could make it 320k a year...give me the 20k and I'll do it for Dean every other game. Might need to rope another participant in if they increase the ban length beyond one game. 

20 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Sad thing is it doesn’t matter if we get our game right, we get screwed over every time, we’ve lost something like 4 games directly because of refereeing decisions... not just run of the mill mistakes but monumental unbelievable decisions, their was TWO in the Man United game, the penalty and then Maguire handball, two! 

Imagine our league position without those glaring obvious decisions that should’ve been overturned with Var. 

can't argue....its disgusting.

50 minutes ago, onmeedson said:

Dean has took one for the team, the premier league has always been useless , maybe we could get a sponsership with Macdonalds on our shirts. 

Perhaps we could get a sponsorship with "Andrex" on our shirts to negate putting up with **** every match from these officials......certainly would make a piognant talking point for the press.

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Good, it doesn't hurt refs knowing that Smith's willing to point out suspect decisions and highlight them to the press. The Premier league and Moss have had an uncomfortable week because of this offside fiasco and.long may it continue.

It's a tactic not lost on Ferguson, Mourinho and Klopp, well worth the 8k and in a perfect world we should set a crowd funding page up and pay it for him. UTV 

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

Good, it doesn't hurt refs knowing that Smith's willing to point out suspect decisions and highlight them to the press. The Premier league and Moss have had an uncomfortable week because of this offside fiasco and.long may it continue.

It's a tactic not lost on Ferguson, Mourinho and Klopp, well worth the 8k and in a perfect world we should set a crowd funding page up and pay it for him. UTV 

What we really need is the crowds back. They’re getting away with these pathetic decisions and fudging of the rules while the grounds are empty. Imagine a full Villa Park when they come up with this sort of shite, the vitriol pouring out of the stands would melt the first 8 stone of excess fat off Moss before he could get down the tunnel. (Yes I know we were at the Etihad but you get my point). 

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

What we really need is the crowds back. They’re getting away with these pathetic decisions and fudging of the rules while the grounds are empty. Imagine a full Villa Park when they come up with this sort of shite, the vitriol pouring out of the stands would melt the first 8 stone of excess fat off Moss before he could get down the tunnel. (Yes I know we were at the Etihad but you get my point). 

Tbh the lack of fans seems to be beneficial to us from a results point of view. My opinion is the fans put extra pressure on players when there trying to adjust to the PL, I hate to think of the sighs Bertrands/ McGinns miss placed passes would have got with the fans in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Tbh the lack of fans seems to be beneficial to us from a results point of view. My opinion is the fans put extra pressure on players when there trying to adjust to the PL, I hate to think of the sighs Bertrands/ McGinns miss placed passes would have got with the fans in. 

I can see your point of view, but I’m not sure to be honest. Of course our form has picked up dramatically since the stadiums were closed but that may be a coincidence. Perhaps at the end of last season it helped, as you say there was less pressure on the players. However this season with us playing and doing so well they could gain an advantage with a full Villa Park behind them. Funny times and and a funny season with so many unexpected results for lots of teams.  I guess we’ll never really know for certain. 

Â