Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Was impressed with how he played again last night.

Yes I know it was backs to the wall at times but show me a similar team that goes to Man. City and dominates possesion and all that. Add in the lack of preparation and we did the best we could.

Our counter attacking is light years ahead of what it was 12 months back, shame we messed up a couple of good situations early on and when we did get it right Dias got a bit lucky with his sliding block.

If you ask me the only league halves of football we haven't turned up in this season are Leeds second half (and even then the mazy Grealish run was right at the start of that) and Southampton first half.

Two bad 45 minutes all season in premier league, bonkers level of consistancy that is.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I love how the whole world think what happened is normal and has always been the way like we see this sort of incident every week. I have never seen the player in the offside position even attempt to do what Rodri did because they know they’ll never get away with it. The amount of people saying its the rules, these professionals should know this is unreal.

Everyone on Twitter suddenly got a PhD in IFAB theology yesterday.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Was impressed with how he played again last night.

Yes I know it was backs to the wall at times but show me a similar team that goes to Man. City and dominates possesion and all that. Add in the lack of preparation and we did the best we could.

Our counter attacking is light years ahead of what it was 12 months back, shame we messed up a couple of good situations early on and when we did get it right Dias got a bit lucky with his sliding block.

If you ask me the only league halves of football we haven't turned up in this season are Leeds second half (and even then the mazy Grealish run was right at the start of that) and Southampton first half.

Two bad 45 minutes all season in premier league, bonkers level of consistancy that is.

It's kind of crazy when you think our last 4 defeats were all decided by refereeing decisions. Basically means if you take those out of the equation, we deserved a result from pretty much every game stretching back to the Southampton game.

• Like 3

He needs to look at how we can shove this offside rule right up their arses. Stick Ollie offside then as soon as their defender touches the ball in a controlled way he can challenge for it. If this rule stands it changes the way football can be played.

Edited by tinker
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, tinker said:

He needs to look at how we can shove this offside rule right up their arses. Stick Ollie offside then as soon as their defender touches the ball in a controlled way he can challenge for it. If this rule stands it changes the way football can be played.

That's not going to work on Saturday against Bruce mate. 

You can't position yourself behind the 10 man defensive line if they are all stationed in the 6 yard box. 

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

My Liverpool supporting son-in-law was furious after the Manure debacle, but he was proper apoplectic after the City game. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Great word!

The ironic thing is if they can continue playing the way they are they will soon be supporting city every game to ensue Man U don’t win the title. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

That’s when you know it’s a really bad decision against us.

It’s crazy and I’m still furious.

When is the come to Jesus going to happen.  When are refs, linesmen(women) and VAR going to get better.  Feels like it is getting worse again.

I’m not going to be hypocritical so I will also include the likes of the luck we had at the end of last season with the Sheff Utd goal.  So all the mistakes, bizarre interpretations of laws, inconsistencies in refs along with the big six bias.  

We keep getting told it’s a billion pound game yet we have Poundland officials.  We (Villa) have been unequally smashed recently because of these issues and I’ve seen many other clubs the same, yet their is no way to question it without getting into trouble apart from a few things like premier league members meetings but rarely does anything improve following that.  Fortunately the early season handball rule got softened but that is a rare change rather than the norm.

23 minutes ago, av1 said:

That's not going to work on Saturday against Bruce mate. 

You can't position yourself behind the 10 man defensive line if they are all stationed in the 6 yard box. 

Imagine the farce of just one of those ten touching the ball ' in a controlled way'  will cause the officials and VAR. 

The premier league have made a right hash of this, the rules were obviously bending to the point of breaking to allow that goal and now every goal ruled offside after an opposing playing has touched the ball will be up to debate.

The rules should be simple and easy to implement, instead we getting conflicting and complicated interpretations of these rules that are not fit for purpose and make the referees jobs a total nightmare.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It’s crazy and I’m still furious.

When is the come to Jesus going to happen.  When are refs, linesmen(women) and VAR going to get better.  Feels like it is getting worse again.

I’m not going to be hypocritical so I will also include the likes of the luck we had at the end of last season with the Sheff Utd goal.  So all the mistakes, bizarre interpretations of laws, inconsistencies in refs along with the big six bias.  

We keep getting told it’s a billion pound game yet we have Poundland officials.  We (Villa) have been unequally smashed recently because of these issues and I’ve seen many other clubs the same, yet their is no way to question it without getting into trouble apart from a few things like premier league members meetings but rarely does anything improve following that.  Fortunately the early season handball rule got softened but that is a rare change rather than the norm.

Maybe they're taking retrospective action against us as a result of the Sheffield Utd debacle.

Joking aside, the number of incorrect decisions that went against us last season more than made up for the Sheff Utd incident, and there is a consistent theme that we're being hard done by.  What does the league have against us? It wouldn't even bloody exist if we hadn't formed it 133 years ago 😜.

• Like 3

this is what i'm pissed off about. the media all agreeing with the decision. no one seems to be challenging the fact that rodri literally tackled mings. i don't get it

By the letter of the law, City's goal was legitimate because Mings was deemed to have deliberately played the ball. Subsequently, Rodri was not considered to have gained an advantage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55757428

• Like 1

Â