Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

This will be fun. 

How could we possibly not beat champions league challenging wolves. 

Smith up in the stands hardly inspiring from a players point of view never mind the fans.

You claim Nyland is useless, great something we agree on. Then why does Smith continue to play him when we have Reina sitting in the bench.

Where's the shouting at the players when they are not doing as Smith wants, where's Smith on the touch line trying to throw some ideas at the players. He just sits up in the stands chatting to his staff.

He's waiting to go chap, he's had enough and so have the fans!!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

My fear is that they'll be willing to give him a shot in the Championship because he took us up last season ahead of schedule, which of course ignores how utterly dreadful and spineless we've looked under him a lot of the time.

to be brutally honest, when grealish wasnt in the team in the champ, were were mostly not too good.

im reticent to call for smith to go, but i also find it difficult to defend the apparent lack of tactics and coaching from the management team.

4 minutes ago, NSmith22 said:

Not saying he needs to go but if there was ever a moment of desperation from the ownership to stay up this will be it. If it happens they’ll go with JT who will have zero pressure. Wouldn’t mind it to be honest. 

Give him it for 6 games and see how it goes , then decide in the summer where we go . 

• Like 1

Just now, Farlz said:

It cracks me up reading the match thread. 

Like I said over there, people were desperate for Jack to play central as if that was the problem. Turns out no, he's pretty ineffective in that position as I expected. Then you have people screaming for 2 up top as if that will solve everything and once again turns out no because quick reminder, we have the worst strike force in the entire league. Then to top it all off you have people moaning again to change something and the only pissing options we have are the 2 wingers EVERYONE wanted dropped. 

These players are not good enough full stop, no matter the tactics or formation. It's not as if we got smashed today, these players just couldn't have less killer instinct if they tried. 

We're going down and the sooner you all chill out the better, it makes watching Villa a lot less stressful. 

I genuinely don't believe that Smith is getting the best out of this squad of players right now. 

I don't particularly think this squad of players are very good either. But they are better than recent displays, imo. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

We seem to have a plan earlier in the season,not now

Exactly. We have had genuinely good games and spells this season. 

I Genuinely can’t remember when the last one was. In the league anyway. 

It’s not the result today I mind. Wolves are a good side. It’s the continued lacklustre performances. We just look so so bad 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

Just fishing for a reaction at this point.

Same response after every game irrespective of what actually happens on the pitch. Be finishing the season on 5 points going from the “acceptable expectations”.

Really not  

I just find it amazing what people thought would happen this year. 

We hope our new owners are still keen on this project ... not sure why they appoint Smith , it could be he’s too nice & can be bullied into accepting their terms / accept their choice of players etc. Smith simply has no bargaining power to resist  , coming from small team like Brentford ,where else Purslow ex Liv or Suso Valencia etc 

Just now, Rodders said:

He is a nice guy and I was desperate for him to succeed. But he's not good enough. The quality deficit of some of the players makes it challenging, but there's still too many errors and incompetencies which could be improved on that havent

That’s the worst part, he’s such a likeable guy and desperately wants to succeed. The issue for us has been recruitment for years. We consistently get it wrong with our signings and that falls on Smith as well. 

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Give him it for 6 games and see how it goes , then decide in the summer where we go . 

Nah, he needs to be out now. I'm not letting go of the PL that easy, but we are definitely going back down with Smith at the helm.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

The lack of effort and lack of a plan is more important than the lack of a result here.

We changed line-up and formation again, but the style of play and approach was the same - except we had two isolated strikers instead of one.

No identity, no clue, no effort.

It’s poor , we look devoid of leadership, ideas and quality ,  a sinking ship 

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

to be brutally honest, when grealish wasnt in the team in the champ, were were mostly not too good.

im reticent to call for smith to go, but i also find it difficult to defend the apparent lack of tactics and coaching from the management team.

I've been making this point for ages. When Grealish was out for that spell last season we looked awful and no better than most of the bottom half teams in the Championship, despite the caliber of players we had at that level. That doesn't reflect well on Smith at all.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Smith up in the stands hardly inspiring from a players point of view never mind the fans.

You claim Nyland is useless, great something we agree on. Then why does Smith continue to play him when we have Reina sitting in the bench.

Where's the shouting at the players when they are not doing as Smith wants, where's Smith on the touch line trying to throw some ideas at the players. He just sits up in the stands chatting to his staff.

He's waiting to go chap, he's had enough and so have the fans!!

Reina is not much better. As I said in the match thread, fans were moaning at smith for dropping nyland after the semi final.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Really not  

I think people expected us to AT LEAST put up a bit of a fight and create a few more chances, even if we did end up going down.

It really isn't hard to grasp this.

9 minutes ago, Mantis said:

We're going down with a whimper. We don't even look close to winning.

Yet apparently he should stay because he got us up last season?

Yes it was lovely he got us up, but results from there on in are the reasons he should be judged on, if hes not doing his job villa fan or not he should of gone a while ago.

So should anyone that made these crap signings to be honest.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Really not  

I think most people thought we would stay up, show a more progressive style than previous regimes and show some fight. 

We’re doing none of that. We’re going down with a whimper

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I genuinely don't believe that Smith is getting the best out of this squad of players right now. 

I don't particularly think this squad of players are very good either. But they are better than recent displays, imo. 

i agree with this, we arent mid table quality, but i also think this team is better than their recent performances, cant decide if its the players not playing/caring, or the manager not coaching properly, or both.

The team has declined psychologically. physically after the First spurs game I said we need to toughen up and get stronger. We haven't. 

There was a severe lack of motivation and desire today from the team.  

Out of his depth. 

Edited by Sulberto21

I like Dean for what he has done and been through, I wont get personal with insults as nobody wins. 

Good championship manager but unfortunately his set up, tactics and game approach are simply not acceptable at this level, Bit like a ground worker who's put a couple of course round a manhole and now thinks he's a face work bricklayer. 

Very worryingly he cant get a tune out the squad of players at disposal, Still 18 points to play for but changes need to be made.

Time to get pissed 

Â