Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

Mendes seems to be having a big influence at this club with this appointment.

I am worried because I read a few articles about him and most of his jobs have not lasted for more than a year.

Pitarch is not the modern day sporting director that uses analysis and creates a proper scouting in fracture in sourcing players.

He has an outdated approach..

I am more concerned with the owners because it does not appear that they are attempting of laying any type of long term foundations at this club.

They are going to try and throw money at everything and it does not work like that.

I just hope that he is part of an extensive structure that involves a technical director also.

46 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I am worried because I read a few articles about him and most of his jobs have not lasted for more than a year.

Pitarch is not the modern day sporting director that uses analysis and creates a proper scouting in fracture in sourcing players.

I am more concerned with the owners because it does not appear that they are attempting of laying any type of long term foundations at this club.

They are going to try and throw money at everything and it does not work like that.

I just hope that he is part of an extensive structure that involves a technical director also.

Agree re Pitarch. Has had little to no success in similar roles where has appointed poor managers and principally favoured an ‘experience over youth’ transfer strategy with many more misses than hits. Is there a danger that Mendes’ influence is getting too strong? Time will tell if course. Just concerned about this appointment if confirmed. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, eholm said:

Agree re Pitarch. Has had little to no success in similar roles where has appointed poor managers and principally favoured an ‘experience over youth’ transfer strategy with many more misses than hits. Is there a danger that Mendes’ influence is getting too strong? Time will tell if course. Just concerned about this appointment if confirmed. 

Well he has influenced our CEO to appoint the most influential figure at this club.

It is concerning, because Mendes advice is now pretty much gospel in the football world which is bad.

A football agent should not have that much influence over a football club he knows very little about.

I am disappointed in the owners that have allowed this to happen.

It probably also highlights the vision & understanding that Purslow actually has for this football club which also disappointing because i was a huge supporter of his arrival.

But hey..

I will hope for the best.

1 hour ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Based on what exactly? What do you mean by an outdated approach? And how do you know that he does not use modern tools? It would be interesting to hear.

There's little information about him. That I've found. That says anything about how well he did at the club's, what were his signings and appointments etc? What were the current situations at the club's he resided? 

Just asking out of curiosity.

2 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

In the surface it looks shit, but it also seems he mostly failed at already failing clubs, and did a relatively good job at Athletico. As someone else pointed out he joined Valencia 2 months after Neville?

It's the same way we would now claim the likes of Tom Fox, Steve Round etc are complete incompetent bellends when in reality we don't know the mitigating circumstances, scenarios, or background behind their tenures.

At face value those articles aren't inspiring, however I'm sure we can dig up negative info in almost anybody with even the lowest level of profile.

I refuse for everything to be shite again smh.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

7 hours ago, leighavfc said:

Pagiluca did as well!

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2014/05/09/inter-milan-goalkeeping-legend-pagliuca-reveals-villa-love

Inter Milan legend Gianluca Pagliuca has revealed his love of Villa.

Pagliuca, one of Italy's finest goalkeepers, has followed Villa's fortunes since our title-winning campaign of 1980-81, when he was just 14.

He was captivated by the team that swept to glory under Ron Saunders and to a European Cup triumph under Tony Barton 12 months later - and his love for the club has never diminished.

Stick him in goal.

• Like 2

Â