Pre-match thread

lapal_fan

Bit of rotation in this one, a few players could do with resting against an average/poor Reading side.

Nyland

De Laet    Chester    Jedinak       Hutton

Hourihane   McGinn

Elmo                 Grealish           Green

Kodjia

Jedinak is only in there because Bruce won't drop him. Personally I would play Tuanzebe, however after listening to Bruce's Pre Match I think he will rest him Saturday.

Whelan needs resting, we saw last season that he can't play too many games in a short space. Bjarnasson could come in, but I want to see what Hourihane, McGinn and Grealish look like as a three from the start.

Adomah looked knackered at the end on Wednesday, give him a rest with Green coming in... unless El Ghazi is passed and fit enough to start on either the left or right.

Think we should bury this lot, but we need to start as we did on Wednesday and take the chances we create. Hourihane could make a massive difference and will have a point to prove in the middle.

46 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Bit of rotation in this one, a few players could do with resting against an average/poor Reading side.

Nyland

De Laet    Chester    Jedinak       Hutton

Hourihane   McGinn

Elmo                 Grealish           Green

Kodjia

Jedinak is only in there because Bruce won't drop him. Personally I would play Tuanzebe, however after listening to Bruce's Pre Match I think he will rest him Saturday.

Whelan needs resting, we saw last season that he can't play too many games in a short space. Bjarnasson could come in, but I want to see what Hourihane, McGinn and Grealish look like as a three from the start.

Adomah looked knackered at the end on Wednesday, give him a rest with Green coming in... unless El Ghazi is passed and fit enough to start on either the left or right.

Think we should bury this lot, but we need to start as we did on Wednesday and take the chances we create. Hourihane could make a massive difference and will have a point to prove in the middle.

That looks quite good considering it's a home game we should win. ....I'll be shocked if Bruce agrees.

Really up for this one too. Can see a packed house for this, feel good times coming back, good exciting football, high energy, goals and attacking intent. People will be flocking back if we keep this up. I guarantee we will hit the 35k mark for this.

Reading will win 3-0.

Back to 30k for the next home game.

Come on boys!

3 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Have we received the international clearance for El Ghazi to play this one?

He's an EU citizen.  I think once the normal transfer documentation is done (before midday today) then he'll be available, fitness notwithstanding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm not taking nothing for granted esp as we lost to QPR last year at home who were pants.

Don't get too cocky people they are shit but we havent been great this year yet.

Time to start playing bruce we have dropped 4 points in the last two

That's the CB position sorted then.  :thumb:

• Like 1

Reading have won one (3-1 in season 2016/17) of their twelve visits to Villa Park. We beat them 3-0 four months ago and a repeat of that would be very nice tomorrow. We need the win so let's do it. 

They won't open the upper trinity tomorrow, but by KO everywhere will be sold out apart from the upper Doug Ellis, which has loads of seats left. Can't see Reading bringing many either. A convincing win please villa. We should wipe the floor with this lot. 

Ruge’s wise words prompted me to look at the number of tickets left, there’s 160 left in the Holte anyway. 

Won’t get chance to go to a Saturday game until November now, so there’s 159 left in the Holte now.

Just win please Villa.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

My boss at St Mirren has got me a ticket to watch this game at my request.

I reckon 3-1 to Villa (Jimmy Danger to score another brace)

Perks of the job, eh? ?

As for today, nothing less than a win will do. If we play to the levels we did Wednesday then it’ll be a convincing win. 

Bruce said in his presser that there will be changes, so I expect the likes of Bjarnason, Hourihane, Taylor and El Ghazi coming in. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Czechlad said:

We're playing one of the worst teams in the league, so I think it's a good time to try this:

342848d104cf46da0f691e3832e48d5c.png

:thumb: