Pre-match thread

lapal_fan

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

I back McGinn to get his first goal too.

That started off as message in my head which was like "BRILLIANT!" guy in the fast show.  

Then it just turned into some film noir :lol:  

Weird innit? 

17 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I'd rest some people. This would be the 3rd match in 7 days. Adomah clearly needs a rest. I'd also rest either Grealish or McGinn. It's a long season. 

Saturday - Saturday is 8 days, Not 7.

Anyway Reading are shite, 3-1 win coming up.

Tempted to head over for this as I’ve got the day free. 

Slightly worried about a deflated performance though. Last time I saw Villa play reading, Villa lost 3-1 and last time I managed to get to a game was the QPR debacle.

• Like 1

I think we'll win this but I hope we can sustain good form and performances and not just grind out a win with a shite performance. 

If we are to get automatic promotion we need to get to the top of the table quickly and stay there. We also need to have better home form, we should be winning the vast majority of our home games, Not drawing.

Edited by villa89

I'm not taking nothing for granted esp as we lost to QPR last year at home who were pants.

Don't get too cocky people they are shit but we havent been great this year yet.

Time to start playing bruce we have dropped 4 points in the last two

Remarkably, all 4 of our league matches so far this season have been 1-1 at half time.  So I'll go 1-1 half time :P 

Next up for Jimmy Danger (23) in the goal stakes is Andy Weimann on 24 with Darren Bent & Alan McInally on 25.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Tempted to head over for this as I’ve got the day free. 

Slightly worried about a deflated performance though. Last time I saw Villa play reading, Villa lost 3-1 and last time I managed to get to a game was the QPR debacle.

you and me both brother, that QPR game hit me especially hard as i also went the week before to see them struggle against sunderland ffs.

• Like 1