Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

I'd much rather take Ivan Toney.

Looks the more complete striker.

Tammy for all his finishing prowess looks clumsy at times. Looks like he is playing on ice, and it comes to no surprise to me that Tuchel doesn't rate him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Tammy for all his finishing prowess looks clumsy at times. Looks like he is playing on ice, and it comes to no surprise to me that Tuchel doesn't rate him.

Hes tall and lanky thats probably why  he looks clumsy but hes proven he can score goals in the Premier League and I dont see Brentford letting Toney go now they have bene promoted. 

Toney would cost way more than Ollie aswell, scored more goals, they've been promoted so would be madness for them to sell him so talking 40m fee, indeed could get Tammy for probably less given he has no future while Tuchel is boss.

Abraham is a better striker than Toney, both similar players in that they're pure strikers who do all their best work in the box, but Abraham is younger and is proven at an higher level. I think people look at Toney's assists and based on those overrate his all round game, a lot of those will be from knock downs and lay offs. If you were to guarantee both Toney and Abraham 38 premier league games next season I'm pretty certain that it would be Abraham that would score the more goals.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, useless said:

Abraham is a better striker than Toney, both similar players in that they're pure strikers who do all their best work in the box, but Abraham is younger and is proven at an higher level. I think people look at Toney's assists and based on those overrate his all round game, a lot of those will be from knock downs and lay offs. If you were to guarantee both Toney and Abraham 38 premier league games next season I'm pretty certain that it would be Abraham that would score the more goals.

Yep, Tammy is miles better. I be shocked if Toney ever gets an England cap for example

Toney is decent but seems to score a lot of penalties 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, villalad21 said:

They are both the same exact striker. Rely on service sometimes don't contribute much sometimes need several chances to bag one...except Abraham is miles better

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Yep, Tammy is miles better. I be shocked if Toney ever gets an England cap for example

Toney is decent but seems to score a lot of penalties 

Agreed. Tammy is both overrated by some fans on here and underrated by others. The fact is, he is a very good premier league striker. His hat-trick here shows pure quality 

He's a good player and I like him

But £40m first choice striker? I'm not sure who bites on that if I'm honest, I'm aware that £40m doesn't mean he's expensive due to Haller and Joelinton but the not necessarily 1st choice means he's not value for money

You can make an argument for a few of the top half teams wanting him but not many where he'd be first choice, us included and then with other needs within the squads who would spend that kind of money on him? 

Maybe the wolves link comes back but again they have jimenez and it would depend on his health 

• Like 1

On 30/05/2021 at 04:45, Keyblade said:

We've obviously left our mark on him and I imagine if he were to leave and we were in the market for a player like him he'd jump at the chance to "come home" as they say. It's nowhere near as cringey as Arsenal fans and Jack, there's a genuine connection between Tammy and Villa fans. Hell, we were singing his name at VP the other day and he wasn't even on the bench!

I honestly thought the fans in VP were trolling Chelsea, you reckon it was serious? For Watkins first game in front of his own fans he’d be pretty gutted if they weren’t just winding up the opposition. 

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

I honestly thought the fans in VP were trolling Chelsea, you reckon it was serious? For Watkins first game in front of his own fans he’d be pretty gutted if they weren’t just winding up the opposition. 

Wasn't it Tammy 1st game at VP with fans since we got promoted so probably a thank you

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Wasn't it Tammy 1st game at VP with fans since we got promoted so probably a thank you

Didn’t think he was even in the squad, May be wrong though.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

I don't want him back, he would be overpriced  

Agreed, but I'd add "for our budget" to the end of your sentence.

I think £40m is about in line with what a competent PL striker goes for now, but I don't think we'll use our budget up on that position at that price.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Agreed, but I'd add "for our budget" to the end of your sentence.

I think £40m is about in line with what a competent PL striker goes for now, but I don't think we'll use our budget up on that position at that price.

That's where I am too

If someone makes him 1st choice guaranteed starter then £40m is probably about right 

2nd choice though and then it's too much money 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That's where I am too

If someone makes him 1st choice guaranteed starter then £40m is probably about right 

2nd choice though and then it's too much money 

Being young and English bumps the price up.

If we were in the market for a starting striker I can see us in for him. As it stands Watkins has proven he can lead the line for us and even improve so it would make little sense for us to sign him. I can see us signing a younger striker instead.

• 8 months later...
Â