Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

He done more than Bolasie at least

Bolaise has had issues with injury after his long lay off at Everton (one reason I wasn't sure on signing him) but in flashes he's scored and looked like the decent premier league player he was two years ago.

El Ghazi set up a goal v Reading and scored in 90th minute v Sheffield after being anonymous (like everyone else in fairness) for the rest of the game. Has he done anything else?

49 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He was OK in the last 10 minutes, put a terrific ball into the box and did a nice turn and pass to play Taylor in, prior to that he looked really poor. He needs to be a bit stronger on the ball and more confident, but he does have talent IMO

Yep definitely needs to learn how to use his body more. He has a good physique almost like ronaldo, in tall and v shaped, but at present doesn’t know how to utilise it. 

Looked awful to begin with as you say, but a lovely cross in.

1 hour ago, supermon said:

Although he lost the ball a lot, the quality of his cross to Hogan was a small glimpse of what he is capable of.  I think he needs a run of games and will come good.  I dont think I saw a better cross in the game

Exactly, Adomah played for like 60 minutes and should zero end product. El-Ghazi has something to him, just needs to put it altogether and get up to speed with this league.

• Like 1

El Ghazi is decent, but you can't play him for a month, then sit him for a month, and expect him to play well consistently. He was given a chance in the beginning of the season, and did well. Randomly he was dropped, and he was thrown back in last night. Give him a start, and see what he can do. 

4 hours ago, Czechlad said:

El Ghazi is decent, but you can't play him for a month, then sit him for a month, and expect him to play well consistently. He was given a chance in the beginning of the season, and did well. Randomly he was dropped, and he was thrown back in last night. Give him a start, and see what he can do. 

It wasnt random, it was the weekly Steve Bruce selection lottery

• Haha 1

I think we won’t see his true potential now until next season where he has had time to adapt, settle in and get used to the physicality of he championship, if he can do all three of those things I think he will be quite the player..... but then I thought Tonev was going to be sooooo what do I know. 

14 hours ago, Czechlad said:

So in the meantime play him and have the team considerably weakened on the off chance he can produce more than the odd good cross. 

I think we need to cancel his loan. 

14 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Exactly, Adomah played for like 60 minutes and should zero end product. El-Ghazi has something to him, just needs to put it altogether and get up to speed with this league.

Yet in those 60 minutes we looked completely secure on the right hand side. As soon as he went off we got pissed on.

30 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yet in those 60 minutes we looked completely secure on the right hand side. As soon as he went off we got pissed on.

On the right hand side where Adomah wasnt, as he played on the left...

Â