Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

4 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Wonder if internal politics played a part to him not playing

Same I've wondered with Moreira.

Are they mad about Mendes signing these players against the will or Bruce?

Similar situation to when we had a split with French players etc?

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Same I've wondered with Moreira.

Are they mad about Mendes signing these players against the will or Bruce?

Similar situation to when we had a split with French players etc?

Ah yeah the french players that have gone on to some decent teams and performed well since. This club has been ran shambolically for far too long now.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

This club has been ran shambolically for far too long now.

The board just need to stop playing championship manager (the computer game), hire a manager and give him exactly what he wants instead of committee's getting into bed with agents and choosing players.

Love or hate bruce he didn't rate Elphick and Moreira. I don't either. It's a joke we have to pay their wages. Just to get mendes on board we have to take his slag heap.

I'd forget about Mendes, Wolves have had the cream of talent from his filofax. There's no one left.

If the new manager wants a 6ft 4 inch centre half and chooses one, the board will have to go all out and get him.

Liverpool do exactly that give klopp what he wants time and time again even if they have to pay over the odds. Obviously Villa are not going to pay 75m for a centre half.

But if Bruce wanted Terry the board should of delivered.

I actually rate Anwar El Garzi  I think he can do everything he just needs to get up to match speed by playing 5 games in the same position.

Edited by screwdriver
forgot it was about el garzi
  • Like 1

There’s a lot of assuming in your post. We have to pay Elphick because we offered him a contract, this is nothing to do with Mendes. Bruce would’ve been well informed when he had a meeting with the owners that what their plans are and if they are close to Mendes (which still isn’t really confirmed) and if he wasn’t happy he should’ve walked away at that point. It’s the modern game, whether it’s morally right or not is up to you to decide but the majority of the clubs are going down this route.

18 hours ago, screwdriver said:

The board just need to stop playing championship manager (the computer game), hire a manager and give him exactly what he wants instead of committee's getting into bed with agents and choosing players.

Love or hate bruce he didn't rate Elphick and Moreira. I don't either. It's a joke we have to pay their wages. Just to get mendes on board we have to take his slag heap.

I'd forget about Mendes, Wolves have had the cream of talent from his filofax. There's no one left.

If the new manager wants a 6ft 4 inch centre half and chooses one, the board will have to go all out and get him.

Liverpool do exactly that give klopp what he wants time and time again even if they have to pay over the odds. Obviously Villa are not going to pay 75m for a centre half.

But if Bruce wanted Terry the board should of delivered.

I actually rate Anwar El Garzi  I think he can do everything he just needs to get up to match speed by playing 5 games in the same position.

I can spot more than one difference in a board giving Klopp what he wants, and giving Steve Bruce or a relatively inexperienced Henry all he wants to be honest.

Â