Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

On 18/09/2020 at 16:53, MrBlack said:

It is where my C.Ronaldo comparisons came from at the time.  Seriously, certain clips where he is running with the ball, at a distance you would swear it was CR. I fully accept he has not done it consistently, even in that season he was doing it against Championship level opposition.

Its such a shame as I'm convinced he could be brilliant, but maybe a season without Abraham on the end of his crosses, in a tougher league, playing on his non favoured side has destroyed his confidence. Whether he can get it back is a big question, and based on his performance against Burton it appears there is still a long way to go.

If we're the club that is on the up like we feel we are, we should be able to get those performances out of AEG again.

Glad it only took 3 months. 

troll trolling GIF

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The backlash he got after the Stoke game where he was arguably our best player on the pitch was a disgrace. Glad he has shut a few people up. 

That was bizarre.

The only player that looked any good that night, and there were people ripping into him.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The backlash he got after the Stoke game where he was arguably our best player on the pitch was a disgrace. Glad he has shut a few people up. 

Indeed it is, some of our supporters make me cringe sometimes

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Thug said:

That was bizarre.

The only player that looked any good that night, and there were people ripping into him.

People make up their minds about players very early on and are unable/unwilling to move from that base.  It's been happening for ages.

Hes bound to be playing against chelsea and now that Chelsea lost to Arsenal other day, I hope Ghazi displays the kind of performances he has shown past couple of games.

I do still think hes the type of player who will have long periods where inconsistency is a problem for him. It's great hes had a couple of great games but like I said I want to seem him perform like this all season long or as close to all season as he can. 

So far I'm not entirely convinced, I'm happy for him at the moment but at same time hes got a way to go before I'm fully convinced he can be a player that can be relied on week in week out, like others have been.

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It must have been great to have Mings say what he did on Twitter and the messages of support that came with it from fans.  I just hope if he has a few quiet games or less impressive performances the knives don't come back out again from negative fans.  

Each player will get both types of reactions from fans if they mess up in some way, but no one is beyond criticising. Your post feels to me like your expecting him to have some quiet games and just in case your throwing up a defence before he even plays today. Let's face it if Ghazi goes through another long spell of putting in some very quiet performances and another 10-20 plus shots of misses per game for a long time, then get someone else in please.

I'd expect people to dish strong comments to Mings for his behaviour or whoever doesnt pull there weight on the pitch at a time were flying high and everyone at there best is needed. Personally I think fans should of given Mings more of a roasting for being a plonker against palace, it's most likely down to us winning that is the reason why they didnt, which I dont think is an excuse not to tell him where he went wrong.

Â