Fulham

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Sacking 2 managers in 1 season is just madness.

Their owners are completely nuts

Its like people saying Smith should be sacked. Madness

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 5 weeks later...

Well that lasted long Fulham on verge of being relegated. 100m wasted they are in massive trouble if they can't sell half that team. 

Cairney sessagnon and Co won't hang around I'd suspect either. 

We were just terrible in our final season but Fulham have been surprisingly bad, just shows the gulf in general quality at PL level.

Had half an eye on Bryan this season, he hasn’t ripped up any trees but been a regular. I remember reading some billy big balls Fulham fan on twitter taking the p*ss out of us when they gazumped Bryan, losing his mind at their spending, he claimed they would finish 6th or higher. How I wished I had kept a note of his account because I would love trolling him tonight.

Fulham saw what we did under Sherwood the season we lost Benteke and Delph and bought the French Foreign Legion and thought it looked good.

We/They had money all of a sudden and decided the best thing to do was replace the heart of the team by spending money on expensive players with no premier league experience.

It went as well for them as it did for us.

51 minutes ago, YLN said:

Fulham saw what we did under Sherwood the season we lost Benteke and Delph and bought the French Foreign Legion and thought it looked good.

We/They had money all of a sudden and decided the best thing to do was replace the heart of the team by spending money on expensive players with no premier league experience.

It went as well for them as it did for us.

Seems to have worked alright for Wolves though...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Wolves side is virtually the same as the one they went up with. Few additions here and there, they've done well fair play to them. Consistantly beat the top sides all season just slipped up to the Huddersfield's and Burnleys of the world; but you take their first season back in the prem every day of the week. 

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Wolves made some smart signings to supplement their squad whereas Fulham were spending unnecessarily. Iirc they bought 3 goalkeepers when they already had Bettinelli who was on the cusp of the England squad.

Case in point, 7 out of Wolves starting XI were here last year with 5 more on the bench. The 4 new signings have become key players like Moutinho, Jimenez, Particio and Dendoncker.

But more importantly than just raw numbers I think is that they completely tried to overhaul the back 4 and it just hasn't worked. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Jokanovic needs take a large portion of the blame yet people on here build him up as sone managrial guru

A defence as bad as the Lescott/Richards combo

That's only issue with jokanovic he cannot set up a defence but attacking man he is one of the best out there for championship level. 

He seems to be a excellent championship manager but a poor Premier league manager. 

20 minutes ago, sne said:

Do they still have that Michael Jackson statue outside their stadium? 

Ha no that was removed years ago. Since then it was on display in the national football museum in Manchester. It’s now been removed because of the recent Jacko documentary.

• Haha 1

I’ve been wondering who’s had the better two seasons now: Fulham with a play off win, but a horribly wretched season in the Premier League (four wins and twenty four losses) or us with our two play off challenges.

Going back to the PL bothers me because it can turn out seriously unenjoyable. Wolves will finish seventh and have picked up some decent wins, but it’s still all a bit meh. 

Â