Fulham

Demitri_C

While I kinda like Mitrovic he isn't prolific at PL level.

Ryan Sessegnon is not at all surprising having a bit of a rough time after his break through season. Bit like Bale in his youth it won't be sunshine every day.

Massive GK issues, already 3 keepers this season.

Defense has been a mess, big signing Mawson has hardly featured.

Seri and Schurrle has actually done OK, still think the can save their season if they sort the defense out, easier said than done.

44 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Bit harsh on Jokan I think. 

Agreed.

Without having any details it might have just been that he/they had come unstuck and needed a change and new voice in the dressing room.

Bit like with Jardim at Monaco who had done an amazing job, but for whatever reason it wasn't working now.

Or they might have just panicked and made a rash decision that they will end up regretting. Jokanovic done were well for Fulham IMO.

I know these things are always meaningless, but mildly amusing that Khan wrote in his program notes less than three weeks ago:

'“Don’t believe anything you read,” Khan wrote in Fulham’s programme. “The sensational and fictional headlines related to Slavisa; I’m in equal parts amused, astonished and disappointed. Optimism comes naturally knowing we have a head coach who not only understands and appreciates the honour of representing Fulham, but also the past two seasons has found the right formula to hit our stride in time for a strong run in the second half of the campaign.”'

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/14/fulham-appoint-claudio-ranieri-manager-sack-slavisa-jokanovic

Claudio’s first game in charge of Fulham is against fellow strugglers Southampton which I dare say is already a six pointer.

His second game in charge is against Chelsea, his third is against Leicester. 

That will hopefully appease the narrative gods for a while.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

We would have been saying sack Bruce if we went up and had the results Fulham have had. 

there was absolutely no doubt in my mind that we would have had the exact same summer* and start to the season that fulham have had if we had won that game, i think my 1st post in the SB thread is the man might get us promoted but will just take us back to being a poor PL team so whats the point of him

* i think SB would have spent similar money, our squad would almost definitely require a 10 man overhaul too but you just know he would be packing our team with experienced journeymen, fulham have bought some decent players, just need them to click (before they have the obvious problem that they will all want out should they get relegated)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Czechlad said:

We would have been saying sack Bruce if we went up and had the results Fulham have had. Fulham have also started their seasons very slow for 3 years now. Will there be a turnaround this time? 

I think Bruce would have been worse. In a perverse way luckily we never got that far 

21 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Bit harsh on Jokan I think. 

I was watching a fulham game on Monday night football and he did change to a bizarre 4-2- 2 -2 formation that had no width and made no sense. Ended up losing to Huddersfield. As I don't watch Fulham games I don't know if this was just the pressure getting to him or if he regularly does mad things like that.  

Didn't realise he was Ranieri's first signing at Chelsea too.  Nice bit of trivia.  But I guess he had to go, Fulham are bottom of the league, they've lost six in a row and haven't won since August. they've got some 'winnable' fixtures coming up after the international break and might be looking for that new manager bounce.  

On 14/11/2018 at 17:50, Czechlad said:

We would have been saying sack Bruce if we went up and had the results Fulham have had. Fulham have also started their seasons very slow for 3 years now. Will there be a turnaround this time? 

In a sick way I'd love to see the reaction on here if it were Bruce and us in their position; There would have been sit in dirty protests after the second loss!

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Going down for sure

Woeful decision to sack jonkanvic even if they came down he would have taken them up nwxt year. Raneri will be fine if they get relegated then they are back to square one.

I think they will be in absolute massive mess if they come down. They spent 100m in the summer. There is no way they can bring that squad down with them.

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Woeful decision to sack jonkanvic even if they came down he would have taken them up nwxt year. Raneri will be fine if they get relegated then they are back to square one.

I think they will be in absolute massive mess if they come down. They spent 100m in the summer. There is no way they can bring that squad down with them.

Why would he have taken them up next year? It’s not as simple as that. Teams that have bounced between divisions in the past haven’t been as woeful as Fulham this year. With Jok in charge they would’ve been so low  on confidence that it’s likely they would’ve struggled next season. 

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why would he have taken them up next year? It’s not as simple as that. Teams that have bounced between divisions in the past haven’t been as woeful as Fulham this year. With Jok in charge they would’ve been so low  on confidence that it’s likely they would’ve struggled next season. 

Because he knows how to win and teams to get promoted at this level. He has that on his cv twice.

Â