Fulham

Demitri_C

On 09/08/2018 at 23:55, S-Platt said:

I have no issues with Fulham great ground to visit. Friendly enough fans.  Decent Manager and play footy the right way.  I hope they do well and stay up.

Pretty much what I came here to post.

They once dicked me about over a job - 7 interviews over a 2 month period. I was offered the job three times only for yet another interview to be dreamt up as a "formality". Even after all that, I still bear them no ill-will and found everyone working there (during the Hodgson reign) to be smart and very pleasant to deal with. It's one of the great away days and in the main, their fans are a decent bunch. 

• Like 1

F**k Fulham.

Shit little club that wouldn't even get a look in if they weren't in London.

The fact that they have a 'neutral supporters' area, in a ground that holds less than 20,000 anyway shows how shite their actual fan base is*

*Actual fan base, versus the 20,000 extra fans they somehow found for Wembley earlier this year

• 2 months later...

A few of their supporters are already discussing the pros of the championship over the premier league.

Looks like it’s going to be them, Cardiff, Huddersfield or Newcastle to make up the bottom three (really sticking my neck out there).

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Spent £100m and concede 4 goals to Cardiff. Yet to have a clean sheet this season. Probably a good job we didn’t go up as we would be worse. 

Spent it all on attackers though. Still lining up with Ream and Odoi at CB and McDonald as holding midfielder.

• Like 1

Surprised they've struggled so much.

End of last season their level was basically the same as Wolves (who had in fairness eased off a little).

Guess difference is Wolves largely kept the same squad so team spirit remains while Fulham made about 10 signings so that can fracture things in the dressing room perhaps. Look a bit like our 2015 version atm.

Is there anyone on this forum who actually rates Calum Chambers? Guy has been useless defenders for years yet Arsenal keep giving him new contracts and teams are always willing to take him on loan.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, andym said:

Spent it all on attackers though. Still lining up with Ream and Odoi at CB and McDonald as holding midfielder.

Ream has been surprisingly shit, but that Odoi is absolute garbage, no idea why they're still lining up with him. He looked like a major weak link in this division. 

• Like 2

It was one of my worries had we been promoted last season (or indeed this season). Splashing £100m on 6 or 7 players and it not gelling. 

Although from what I hear from pundits, they’ve tried to maintain the style of play from last season and it’s not working against better opposition. Too often they’re punished, but I suppose letting in four against Cardiff suggests that in itself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Been injured since the first game I think.

No, played the first few, then was dropped, think he might of had a game since and then got injured. Not that I’ve been keeping an eye out and hoping for the worst for him or anything...

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

20th, -18 gd, Liverpool tomorrow, Chelsea and united soon after that. Already lost to Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Palace and CARDIFF. Oh dear oh dear. Still... lovely ground isn’t it. 

I think we would doibg just as bad had we gone up under bruce and had xia here. As much as pains me to say the best thing that happened was losing the play offs as now we have a much better footballing strategy and team in place with a fresh young exciting manager.

Fulham are a mess. They spent 100m or so and when they come down most of those wont want to play in  championship.they will probably get rid of jonkavic too by the time season ends meaning unless it's a big name they will struggle to get back up like stoke.

I would not be suprised if they sack him and panic get fat Sam in to save them.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I would not be suprised if they sack him and panic get fat Sam in to save them.

I dont think Sam would take it ir even keep them up. They dont have the players for defending

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I dont think Sam would take it ir even keep them up. They dont have the players for defending

That's the thing with jonkavic. He has teams attacking so excellently yet defensively a shambles.

Â