John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

The whole squad have had shit games this year - hence our dreadful season. No-one has got the stick mcginn has. 

I'm pointing out the absolute tripe some on here spout about mcginn non stop, good or bad performances. 

His performance tonight will barely be mentioned though because that doesn't suit the VT narrative.

McGinn is the least of our worries with gerrard leading the way

Maybe you should read the match thread and the ratings thread. He was widely praised because he was excellent. He get no more stick than others. 

4 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

He is the heart and soul of the team. I think we will lose a lot if he was sold. Certainly more than his ability.

Agree, but think the starting midfield next season could be him plus two new faces - and I rate JJ. SJM is clearly in SG’s longer term plans.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Did anyone see the graphic put up before the game showing McGinns stats. 1st in many areas in the squad. Chances created  tackles  etc etc. He is a big part of our future  

Yup

15 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Did anyone see the graphic put up before the game showing McGinns stats. 1st in many areas in the squad. Chances created  tackles  etc etc. He is a big part of our future  

Makes you wonder what folks think of the rest of the team when McGinn is apparently not good enough yet leading the stats in a number of key areas.

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Makes you wonder what folks think of the rest of the team when McGinn is apparently not good enough yet leading the stats in a number of key areas.

Its because he gives the ball away cheaply sometimes. Which is not allowed. 

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Is he still shit then lads? Sell him yeh? 🤣🤣

'One swallow makes no summer, nor does one day'....

that will be a first, an Aristotle quote in the McGinn thread.

Yeah a good game, for a change, Big Wow from me!

3 hours ago, WHY said:

McGinn hasn’t had the best season but he’s still one of our better players when he’s on it. Comfortably MOTM for me tonight. 

The problem is he isnt on it often enough. When he is on it we are usually a better team but too many times he vanishes.

I would say he has had a good game every 5 this season and its a huge reason we are so poor

• Like 1

He's best on the left in an 8 position

He's spent large parts of the season in a 6 on the right - including covering Cash when we decided 5-3-2 was the go under Dean Smith.

Get a decent CDM in to free him up and he'll shine.

• Like 1

Â