John McGinn

PompeyVillan

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

Can you copy your post into the Site Issues section and we can have a look at it?  Not come across this before, personally. Ta!

Sorted, option has been added now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Really poor performance against a poor side.

By Scotland? Yep. McGinn? Working hard and can't carry an entire team who are playing poorly. 

Edited by Steero113

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Really poor performance against a poor side.

Worked hard for me, anything Scotland have done has come from mcginn winning the ball back 

• Like 3

He really hasn't. He hasn't got on the ball at all for a CM and when he has he has turned it over sooo much.

I don't know why he has played so deep, he doesn't get on the ball to dictate the play and he doesn't have the legs to get forward and join the attack.

He has been poor today for large parts.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He really hasn't. He hasn't got on the ball at all for a CM.

I don't know why he has played so deep, he doesn't get on the ball to dictate the play and he doesn't have the legs to get forward and join the attack.

Disagree. He's been one of Scotland's better players. Although they have largely been poor.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He really hasn't. He hasn't got on the ball at all for a CM and when he has he has turned it over sooo much.

Woah !

I think he's been great today. Energy , involved in everything, up and down the pitch .motm contender imo.

Most unsuccessful touches.

Dispossed more than anyone in the side.

4 shots. 0 on target.

1 tackle.

70% possession accuracy. Heavily inflated the last 20 minutes when Czech packed their own third.

Sure he runs about a bit wins some cheap free kicks and seems a great lad but it is time really.

Today's game was a microcosm with his season.

45 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

4 shots. 0 on target.

1 tackle.

70% possession accuracy. Heavily inflated the last 20 minutes when Czech packed their own third.

Sure he runs about a bit wins some cheap free kicks and seems a great lad but it is time really.

Stop talking rubbish. A 6.54 rating (according to whoscored) was the 5th best of all Scottish players, and no offensive player got a better rating. 

Also I watched the game, he was quite good. Had to come deep too much due to none else showing up for the ball. Scotland overall where terrible, especially in the first half.

Just now, vreitti said:

Stop talking rubbish. A 6.54 rating (according to whoscored) was the 5th best of all Scottish players, and no offensive player got a better rating. 

Also I watched the game, he was quite good. Had to come deep too much due to none else showing up for the ball. Scotland overall where terrible, especially in the first half.

McTominay was worse in midfield 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

McTominay was worse in midfield 

Absolutely, as were Armstrong. McGinn got involved quite a lot, both that's probably why he had some unsuccessful attempts and dispossessions. 

Tried his best but really tough when half the team aren't at the races. It was a decent game to watch actually and I think the highlight has to be the now trademark "McGinniesta Dragback" lol. Credit for Czech second goal too. Intelligent play and brilliant hit to catch the keeper out. I was rooting for Scotland but gonna be big ask now!

Edited by birdman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

4 shots. 0 on target.

1 tackle.

Villa fans still holding on to his Championship days.

Fine squad man but absolutely cannot start if we wish to go to the next level

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I don't entirely disagree with this statement. If summer signings allow, being able to rotate John a bit would allow us to see the best of him I think. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Not really if we are to bang on about stats he’s had a similar season to a few of the top midfielders in the premier league as I’ve noted here before,  alot of Villa fans cling on to the idea that Keinan Davis should be a nailed on starter now that’s what I call delusional. And I do agree we need someone to compete and push Mcginn hopefully  Sanson is that guy but unfortunately many have already written him off.

I know that he is naturally chunky but he just doesn’t look fit to me. He is at his best when he is a bit leaner. I suspect that this is his biggest issue and it will only get more difficult as he gets older. I love SJM but I suspect that he is not all that disciplined with his diet.

38 minutes ago, vreitti said:

I mean, a 6.54 rating is pretty mediocre lol. The fact that no offensive player got a better rating points to how shit Scotland's other offensive players were more than anything.

Â