John McGinn

PompeyVillan

54 minutes ago, Kbdrum88 said:

Everyone saying they'd happily take 30/40m for mcginn, I literally wouldn't.

I know he's had a few questionable performances, but I think he is a key player, not saying at times he didn't deserve to be dropped as some points of the season he did

But right now you can tell we under smith have cultivated a great team spirit and unity amongst the lads, and I always get the feeling mcginn is the lin pin in it .

I can imagine him to be the perfect person to integrate people, he's seemingly happy to be the butt of all jokes and I firmly believe he is pivotal to having a team who play for each other the way the lads do atm, and think his behind the scene influence is something smith holds him in high regards for.

200.gif

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Kbdrum88 said:

I know he's had a few questionable performances, but I think he is a key player, not saying at times he didn't deserve to be dropped as some points of the season he did

But right now you can tell we under smith have cultivated a great team spirit and unity amongst the lads, and I always get the feeling mcginn is the lin pin in it .

I can imagine him to be the perfect person to integrate people, he's seemingly happy to be the butt of all jokes and I firmly believe he is pivotal to having a team who play for each other the way the lads do atm, and think his behind the scene influence is something smith holds him in high regards for.

bending over family guy GIF

• Haha 1

Could some very special stuff from him if he gets to play 10 with Grealish left and Buendia right.

I think that'll be tried out at some point definitely. He makes runs past defences all the time when he's in a higher position.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Could some very special stuff from him if he gets to play 10 with Grealish left and Buendia right.

I think that'll be tried out at some point definitely. He makes runs past defences all the time when he's in a higher position.

If Sanson steps up next to Luiz I wouldn't mind that

20 hours ago, Kbdrum88 said:

I know he's had a few questionable performances, but I think he is a key player,

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

I don’t think SJM will play as many games next season, many of them won’t as we build a stronger squad. But he’s very important to the spirit and unity of the squad and that’s difficult to put a price on. With better quality around him and more opportunities to rest him, I believe we’ll see the best of him next season. He’s often been played when he’s not fully fit or simply knackered and his game has suffered as a consequence. If he plays around 80% of the games he played last season but we get the 100% SJM that’s good for the team and him. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Gonna be weird wanting him to lose next week, forgive me Ginny

To be honest I don't mind who wins it as it's going to be a fantastic game for so many reasons.

Plus, I get a lump in my throat and more goose bumps hearing flower of Scotland than I do hearing the dull GSTQ national anthem.

4 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Guaranteed to be against Grealish as well.

Can't wait for this to happen, it's going to be so funny.

Jack knows it. John knows it. We all know it.

Grealish is going to skip round him and SJM is going to revel in dishing out what he probably wants to in training every week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Can't wait for this to happen, it's going to be so funny.

Jack knows it. John knows it. We all know it.

Grealish is going to skip round him and SJM is going to revel in dishing out what he probably wants to in training every week.

If Meatball injures Jack, Dean will confiscate his iron bru indefinitely! 

Â