John McGinn

PompeyVillan

SJM was superb tonight. Skill, aggression, intelligence. Had everything. Billy Gilmour is such a class act. Kieran Tierney is going to be legend down here too. Feels like a victory this. Many parties still going on. Saints, Villa and Scotland. What great teams to support. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nick76 said:

Great photo! It’s amazing how far we have come in the last 3 years that our two boys are battling it out in front of millions across the world on the international stage.  

We could’ve been almost done as a club but now look at where we are and what our boys are doing!

This sentiment is spot on. I love that these two great friends have steered us back to where we belong and have improve every step of the way, too. 

That they both get to wear the number 7 for two historic national teams at a major championship shows how far we’ve come. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looked really good I thought, playing at CAM last night. I'd really like to see Grealish, McGinn and Buendia behind Watkins next season with Douglas Luiz and either Nakamba or a new DM/CM behind them. That is a seriously good team for closing down the opposition all over the pitch, especially with our normal back five.

Watkins

Grealish         McGinn          Buendia

Douglas Luiz     Ward-Prowse

Targett      Mings       Konsa      Cash

Martinez

Subs: Steer, Young, Hause, Nakamba, Sanson, Traore, Wesley

This is a team that I think other Premier League teams would be terrified of facing! Remember that McGinn was also one of the most fouled players last season too!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, nick76 said:

Great photo! It’s amazing how far we have come in the last 3 years that our two boys are battling it out in front of millions across the world on the international stage.  

We could’ve been almost done as a club but now look at where we are and what our boys are doing!

They were slugging it out together in midtable of the Championship less than 3 years ago.

• Like 1

Great stuff from Jordan Campbell in the athletic.

Lyndon Dykes clattered into Luke Shaw in the first five seconds, but it was McGinn who hounded Raheem Sterling off the ball, who swiped Harry Kane’s legs from him, whose harassing drew a petulant kick out from Kalvin Phillips. The only person he didn’t rough up was Spanish referee Antonio Mateu Lahoz, who took charge of the play-off victory over Serbia in November. As a tannoy reminder to stay in your seat and maintain social distancing played out, McGinn was barging his rear into Declan Rice like he was a dodgem. Few players seek physical contact quite like the Aston Villa man and, given how many fouls he won and how many times he held an England player off with his backside, when Lahoz handed him a yellow card for dissent it may have made him the only person not to have taken cheek from him.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Stoobs said:

SJM was superb tonight. Skill, aggression, intelligence. Had everything. Billy Gilmour is such a class act. Kieran Tierney is going to be legend down here too. Feels like a victory this. Many parties still going on. Saints, Villa and Scotland. What great teams to support. 

Mcginn had a great game and Tierney was the best player on the pitch for me - sure you enjoyed that a lot more than any England fan did! 

Edited by icouldtelltheworld

1 hour ago, TRO said:

so the £50 mill John McGinn speculation has raised its head again?

Liverpool apparently 'linked'.

Media dross. Any non scum 6 player who plays well is immediately linked to them. Its tiresome. 

• Like 3

Â