John McGinn

PompeyVillan

25 years young today.

What a player, what a man.

Huge part of our invigoration.

Gets better every game, finds a way, makes it work, God knows what his ceiling is.

I'd like to see him with the armband on occasion soon. Deano, Grealish, Mings and John boy are this club's spine.

The Cheek of Alan Brazil touting John McGinn around the place has no bounds......Lets see if he can get Scott Hogan and Neil Taylor placed for us,with his expert insight.

He might as well roll in to Villa Park in a JCB and see what damage he can do to satisfy his lust for such affliction.

Sad Man.

• Like 1

On 16/10/2019 at 08:57, villalad21 said:

Real shame he was born in Scotland.

Player like that deserves to play in the Euros and World Cups

He would probably be sitting on Man City's or Chelsea's bench if he was English. 

• Like 1

In modern football at the end of the day every player is for sale. If Real Madrid offered 400 million for Salah he'd be gone. The trick is making the paying team pay through the nose for it so you can replace them plus have enough for a couple of other decent players too. 

11 hours ago, TRO said:

The Cheek of Alan Brazil touting John McGinn around the place has no 

I seem to remember him touted VVD for a bigger club every day for about 18 months.

52 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Worst performance in a Villa shirt today, was not involved anywhere near enough, lack energy and crucially lacked quality on the ball.

Could of been international duty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Worst performance in a Villa shirt today, was not involved anywhere near enough, lack energy and crucially lacked quality on the ball.

Not his best......but can think of a few not doing it before him.

might have been crap today, but i cannot wait to see him against liverpool and man city, he will be absolutely buzzing to prove himself against them.

• Like 1

Has set a stupidly high level for himself and didn't get there yesterday.

Still won a few entertaining balls. You know the ones. When they don't see him coming. Or they do, and are sure they've got the ball under control and he monsters them off it before they know what day it is.

GettyImages-1176887931.thumb.jpg.70dc4e829c9d56f8d236772c45e36413.jpg

• Like 2

Needs a rest...has played almost every minute. I remember last year around jan/feb we gave him a game or two off and he came back storming. Give the wee lad a chance to recover and play Luiz in his stead against City, will probably give us more balance aswell against vastly superior opposition.

Edited by carewjust4u

12 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

Needs a rest...has played almost every minute. I remember last year around jan/feb we gave him a game or two off and he came back storming. Give the wee lad a chance to recover and play Luiz in his stead against City, will probably give us more balance aswell against vastly superior opposition.

Yes I hope Smith does rest key players before we end up having an injury we regret. Its a tricky one as many of our games are pretty frantic where we don't have the luxury to replace John or Jack.

• Thanks 1

Â