John McGinn

PompeyVillan

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Horrendous, has looked thoroughly Championship standard over the past 4 games, not good enough

Bit of a mad statement , I'll agree today he was brutal, probably his worst game for us since he arrived

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Bringing absolutely nothing to the party, if anything hiding. Should be demanding the ball dominating play and dictating the tempo.

Hasn't done it once all season. Spurts of rolling players and shooting and getting in the box but not much else.

That's the thing...today he was hiding. Not good to see.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think so but that's concerning, he shouldn't be. I have a hunch that maybe his lifestyle isn't amazing, seems to like a drink.

I don't get that feeling. I think he's lost his spark with us changing our play and he's struggling to get back into the game, like his confidence has had a knock and he's lost his way. He's struggling to get into games, struggling to impact them and then he resorts to either aimlessly running and losing the ball (his signature this season is basically being held back by his marker before going down and looking at the rough bewildered) or last ditch shots.

Needs a break and then a goal imo.

Have no idea what he was doing for their second goal. I know Traore is quick but at least make some type of effort, bring him down of you have to. He was just casually jogging back. If that was El Ghazi or someone they'd have been crucified for that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Have no idea what he was doing for their second goal. I know Traore is quick but at least make some type of effort, bring him down of you have to. He was just casually jogging back. If that was El Ghazi or someone they'd have been crucified for that.

That was after a shit ball to Taylor which helped set up the counter. McGinn appalling throughout for that goal.

Last season he was playing against players who couldn't match his energy: he wasn't beating players through skill, he just outhustled them.

Now he's up against more skillful players who can also match his physicality, and so he's losing out to them 

On 09/08/2019 at 23:51, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It will be interesting... 

I live in Aberdeen and the Scots don't think he's good at all, they don't think he can step up.

That's not my opinion but we'll wait and see I guess!

Hate to say this but I think McGinn is either tired or he's a rather limited player.

Constantly caught in possession, plays poor passes getting others into trouble, runs into trouble and rather slow....these are all aspects of his game which continue to be highlighted at international level. 

He is a workhorse though!

Â