John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Surprise, surprise, he’s playing well when not asked to play central midfield. 

It’s taken however many months for our managers to realise that maybe; just maybe, he isn’t at his best as a deep lying central midfielder.

Same goes for Ramsey. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s taken however many months for our managers to realise that maybe; just maybe, he isn’t at his best as a deep lying central midfielder.

Don't you mean to get a manager in that realises?

• Thanks 1

Chuffed for him and for us all that he seems to be back to his best. You've gotta love him. The world feels like a better place when he's in form. 

Comes across as a thoroughly coachable player, it's not a surprise he's continued to get game despite having a not particularly fluid play style. Does what he's asked and gets in good positions, and he has surprisingly good vision and creativity. Uses his body to make space so well. 

We're well overdue for one of his 360° spins or a screamer from outside the box as well. 

• Like 2

Before he got injured it already seemed apparent to me that he was going to improve under Emery. Brighton and Spurs wins when he started and Liverpool where we should, could've been 3-4 goals up early on if chances were put away

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Before he got injured it already seemed apparent to me that he was going to improve under Emery. Brighton and Spurs wins when he started and Liverpool where we should, could've been 3-4 goals up early on if chances were put away

Definitely I mentioned here that he was excellent and had improved dramatically after the Brighton game and in typical villa talk fashion scoffed at, what a difference a few months does 😂.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Surprise, surprise, he’s playing well when not asked to play central midfield. 

Same goes for Ramsey. 

He dropped in midfield a few times yesterday in deep areas under pressure and to my shock he showed for the ball and passed it first time.

Yes he was never a deep player and never will be but under Gerrard he must have been absolutely shot to bits because he was avoiding the ball at all times.

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He dropped in midfield a few times yesterday in deep areas under pressure and to my shock he showed for the ball and passed it first time.

Yes he was never a deep player and never will be but under Gerrard he must have been absolutely shot to bits because he was avoiding the ball at all times.

Never underestimate confidence in football. I’ve seen players hide at all levels of football when their confidence is low. 

17 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I love how he's become a solid dependable player who comes in and does an admirable job when called upon, instead of the undroppable lynchpin of our midfield that he was earlier this season. It suits him to a tee.

I am not suggesting he got complacent but I think a kick up the arse was needed and he has responded brilliantly since he got dropped for a game or two. 

He was dreadful under the idiot and it was so bad that fans were turning on him through no fault of his own as he was ran into the ground

2 hours ago, Rolta said:

He's been better under Emery. I'd lost faith in him beforehand, but his improvement has been noticable in much more than one game.

Just because he has been okay in previous games, doesn't mean they were good performances. Under Gerrard he was total wank! Now he has been decent, with one good performance. That's how I see it.

Said it before, McGinn is a flawed player who can still be a very solid PL performer if you play to his strengths - which we are at the moment. What he’s not equipped to do is receive the ball in tight spaces in midfield facing our goal. That’s not his skillset. Give him the ball in a bit of space facing opposition goal, and he is a very useful player. He gets that more in the wider position, playing the third man off Dougie or Kamara.

• Like 1

As if we needed any more proof that Garth Crooks was a useless prick this was his citation in todays "team of the week" on the BBC website when selecting Emi Buendia (played 29 mins) in his team: 

Awarding penalties are within the gift of the referee and nobody else - even if we disagree with him it his ultimately his opinion.

Anthony Taylor's decision to award Aston Villa a penalty for the tackle by Everton's Idrissa Gueye on Buendia, were he to look at it again, video evidence would show Gueye made contact with the ball first and minimal contact with the player.

But the Argentina international made all the difference when he came on the pitch just after the hour mark and took Villa's performance into overdrive. Having won the penalty he sealed the match with a excellent finish.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64777533

It was John McGinn you absolute fruitcake. Can't even get the basic headline facts of a match right. Sack the witless s**thammock. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

As if we needed any more proof that Garth Crooks was a useless prick this was his citation in todays "team of the week" on the BBC website when selecting Emi Buendia (played 29 mins) in his team: 

Awarding penalties are within the gift of the referee and nobody else - even if we disagree with him it his ultimately his opinion.

Anthony Taylor's decision to award Aston Villa a penalty for the tackle by Everton's Idrissa Gueye on Buendia, were he to look at it again, video evidence would show Gueye made contact with the ball first and minimal contact with the player.

But the Argentina international made all the difference when he came on the pitch just after the hour mark and took Villa's performance into overdrive. Having won the penalty he sealed the match with a excellent finish.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64777533

It was John McGinn you absolute fruitcake. Can't even get the basic headline facts of a match right. Sack the witless s**thammock. 

also, there was no contact with the ball for the pen, one of the angles shows that clearly.

journo's these days, incompetent.

• Like 2

Â