Going Under ?

hippo

I totally understand a Championship player wanting to take an opportunity while they can to play in the Premier along with the chance to play in the Champions League and for England. Football players never know when they might get a serious injury. Grealish really tried so hard to get us promoted. He clearly loves Aston Villa. But how much? Enough to sacrifice the Premier League/Champions League/national team opportunity? He's a Villa fan but is he a Villa fan so much that he'd sacrifice all that? I'll be very surprised if he stays.

38 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Technically yes, because the entity will have changed. But it depends who actually employs them. Aston Villa FC or Aston Villa FC Limited

Conversely, wouldn't this also be a great way to get rid of McCormack and Richards without having to book the loss? 

• Like 1

Does anyone know the date of the start of next season?

I'll be honest, I'm carrying a bit of timber. But if I've got until August to sort myself out, in my head I reckon I could be the non-league McGrath.

6 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I think this may take 10 years to come back from

6 if we get lucky - may need to take another few steps backwards before we move forward . 

Edited by Eastie

7 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You throwing your dummy out the pram is cringeworthy. Back the club, or don't, but football is about taking the rough with the smooth and backing the club through hard times. It's called loyalty. 

Loyal to what exactly? That we give them our hard earned money? No-one at football clubs is loyal except the fans. The players, the owner, the manager and every other member of the staff aren't loyal and will leave to go anywhere that provides a better situation for them. I dont begrudge them that, we'd all do the same and probably have done in our lives. But this loyalty to the club, what is the club? What are football clubs? This isnt a war where you stay loyal to your country/side. There is no Aston Villa core to bow down too and worship. Football clubs are glorified piggy banks for the (usual) scumbags who own them who prey on football fans because no matter they do or how they do it, we will keep coming back for more and keep giving them money. Don't kid yourself.

8 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Conversely, wouldn't this also be a great way to get rid of McCormack and Richards without having to book the loss? 

I don't know enough about player contracts to answer that. This is why owners tend to set up Football Club FC Ltd to employ the players, then if they sell up the new owners take over Football Club FC Ltd. What happens with administration may be different. Don't know if footballers can be made redundant

6 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Loyal to what exactly? That we give them our hard earned money? No-one at football clubs is loyal except the fans. The players, the owner, the manager and every other member of the staff aren't loyal and will leave to go anywhere that provides a better situation for them. I dont begrudge them that, we'd all do the same and probably have done in our lives. But this loyalty to the club, what is the club? What are football clubs? This isnt a war where you stay loyal to your country/side. There is no Aston Villa core to bow down too and worship. Football clubs are glorified piggy banks for the (usual) scumbags who own them who prey on football fans because no matter they do or how they do it, we will keep coming back for more and keep giving them money. Don't kid yourself.

Its an interesting point. Who is the loyalty to? We can say the club, but there is so many people who have represented the club that don't deserve it. 

For me I don't care how low we go, i just need someone to get behind. Bruce and xia are not it. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

The fans are the only ones who remain loyal. Maybe the odd owner. It's staying loyal to the name. Football clubs have a rich history and although it's changed a lot, it is still deep rooted in a lot of people's lives. Just my view and opinion of course. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Imagine we go in administration, sell everyone and play the kids.  We will get relegated but it will be interesting. They might even shine.Hare

The kids will be the first to leave, we will probably stuck with picking up older free agents. I'd imgine the likes of RHM, Green, Bedeau, Suliman, Davis and O'Hare will have plenty of takers. Micah Richards might return though. Milner and Aaron Lennon didn't hang around Leeds too long, nor did Alan Smith.

Edited by Kuwabatake Sanjuro
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

My dear old Dad will be turning in his grave 

I feel very fortunate to have seen villa win the league, conquer Europe and win a couple of Wembley finals in my time - it saddens me that our younger fans may never taste success for years to come .

its already 22 years since our last major trophy - I doubt I will be around if we win another :(

• Sad 4

2 minutes ago, MikeAVFC said:
Sky Sports NewsVerified account @SkySportsNews
FollowingFollowing @SkySportsNews
More

BREAKING: Sky sources: @AVFCOfficial reach agreement with tax authorities to stave off immediate threat of administration. #SSN

Oh god they have probably told them we are going for promotion next season

• Haha 3

Â