Going Under ?

hippo

18 minutes ago, Eastie said:

The premier league have reportedly agreed to release the £15m parachute payment early to us so hopefully that will help buy us some time , I expect Grealish to be next to go . 

However the original reports of £45m needed seem to be maybe optimistic - it may well take considerably more than that to sort this mess.

well £5m coming from China monthly to cover running costs that has stopped coming in would equate to £60m for starters. Before thinking about FFP.

HAPPY **** DAYS.

Do we really need a ‘Going Under’ thread AND a ‘Takeover’ thread..... and an FFP thread. Mods, can some of these be merged, or not?

Regarding investors/takeover, as that seems to be where the conversation has gone in this thread, Stan Collymore has tweeted that he has contacted an advisor of a global brand that are interested in an EFL club, to ask whether they’d be interested in Villa at this late stage.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Eastie said:

The premier league have reportedly agreed to release the £15m parachute payment early to us so hopefully that will help buy us some time , I expect Grealish to be next to go . 

However the original reports of £45m needed seem to be maybe optimistic - it may well take considerably more than that to sort this mess.

Well there’s goes that lifeline. It’s amazing how we are managing to spend money we haven’t even earnt yet.

So we've already been advanced cash for the transfer money due on Sanchez, Amavi and Westwood. Now we've done the same with the PL parachute payments.

Is there any income stream that we haven't mortgaged off? Season ticket money would be next I guess.

Interested how this debacle will change the "fit and proper person" criteria.
If companies based in other countries are taking ownership, the risk analysis should reflect the possibility that governments could embargo the movement of funds based on specific business genre.

If the premier league and football league have such powers they should start to clamp down on this nonsense.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul.. 

The good Dr really is a cluster ****!

I think everyone is missing the real issue here. What about Luke 1977?! If the company don't get paid for their design work they may go bankrupt. Then where will all the chavs go for their striped polo shirts?! It would be a travesty! 

3 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Well there’s goes that lifeline. It’s amazing how we are managing to spend money we haven’t even earnt yet.

The exact opposite of what Southampton did under Cortese.

The 'it'll come good when we win' philosophy can be a bit blind to the difficulties of competition.

I'd like to hear what exactly this long term and sustainable thinking Xia had in mind was.

I'm sure it's not going the way he anticipated, I just am not privy to any detail in regards to all this.

I don't want to slate the guy, I have no interest in that, I just want to know what is happening to my club, why and who's responsible.

• Like 1

On 05/06/2018 at 17:27, sidcow said:

The noses are going to have an absolute field day over this. 

Remember when they were taken to court and had to pay something like 2 million to the taxman in the 80s? That was a proud family moment as it was my Villa-supporting cousin that took the case for the tax office :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, John said:

11 Rangers players rejected contracts with the club's new owners after they went into liquidation. Could those players that were not sold do the same and leave for nothing if the worst happened to us?

Possibly - as per Rangers if a new company were formed to take over the assets of Aston Villa (Aston Villa Sports Ltd) under TUPE regulations you accept the new role (which should have guarantees of ostensibly the same conditions including salary) or you don't, if you don't accept. you are deemed to have resigned from your contract. 

So yes, we could get rid of the hangers on, but likelyhood is that none of the dross like Richards would get a higher salary elsewhere and hence would accept the TUPE. The problem is that players with any value could effectively resign, hence becoming free agents and commanding a signing bonus - thus we could (in theory) lose the likes of Grealish for nothing (worst case).

• Like 1

Don't worry. I suspect come the first weekend of August when we will be playing Rotherham away, we won't have a ceo, the owner will have gone missing, we will be starting on minus 12 points, and we will be playing the kids. 

And Gary Gardner will be the captain.

And it will all be managed by Mick Mcartney, a real football man.

You feel a lot better when you don't give a sh*t anymore.

Happy summer one and all. 

Edited by The Fun Factory

How the **** can you put the future of our football club at stake by gambling on promotion. It's not just about the historic club and all it's fans, but all employees and their families. It seriously borders that it should be illegal. Why was it so ******* important to go up in one of the first seasons to make you take this risk??

It's the persons responsible of this that should get their assets stripped.

Â