18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Really? Fair play if you using an academy keeper and keeping clean sheets. 

I think you you will fall short mate. 

Been telling myself since halfway through our run of 9 wins that we'll finish 7th.

17 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Been telling myself since halfway through our run of 9 wins that we'll finish 7th.

Definitely see you as more of a threat than Boro.

With the injury info you have shared that solidifies it IMO.

You've done bloody well!

• Like 2

If we do play Sheffield United in the playoffs, they may have to kick the ball out of our keepers hands to get anything.

Again.

We owe them a hiding. 

• Like 1

On 03/04/2019 at 14:48, Johnnyp said:

We had Grealish at Bramall Lane and they still beat the crap out of us ( yes i know Bruce was in charge ) I don't think they will have any mental hang ups about playing us after they threw it away. Logically, they know they dominated us for most of the game at out own place. They played through us so easily in both games. Could see that happening again 

Not so sure.....The centre backs had not really settled in after months of inactivity at our place and of course away at Bramhall lane they never featured at all.

I think Mings and Hause have created a more assertive defence.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Not so sure.....The centre backs had not really settled in after months of inactivity at our place and of course away at Bramhall lane they never featured.

I think Mings and Hause have created a more assertive defence.

Just wondering TRO, do you think Tuanzebe displaces Hause ? Of course, if it ain't broke don't fix it i get that but seems criminal leaving a fully fit naturally right sided CB as good as Axel on the bench right now. Again, Kourtney has done little wrong. Good problem to have i guess.

11 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Just wondering TRO, do you think Tuanzebe displaces Hause ? Of course, if it ain't broke don't fix it i get that but seems criminal leaving a fully fit naturally right sided CB as good as Axel on the bench right now. Again, Kourtney has done little wrong. Good problem to have i guess.

I think Hause is a better defender than Axel. I know many will not agree.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Hause is a very defender than Axel. I know many will not agree.

In my opinion a match fit Axel is better, a non match fit Axel and Hause is better.

Which is the reason why Hause should play for the rest of the season. We can't afford to let Axel getting matchfit and risk losing points at this stage of the season.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

In my opinion a match fit Axel is better, a non match fit Axel and Hause is better.

Which is the reason why Hause should play for the rest of the season. We can't afford to let Axel getting matchfit and risk losing points at this stage of the season.

Axels very good but I remember far too many balls over the top that he couldn’t handle for my liking. I can’t see that happening with the Hause. On the other hand it probably helps playing along side such a quality defender as Mings.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

We had Grealish at Bramall Lane and they still beat the crap out of us ( yes i know Bruce was in charge ) I don't think they will have any mental hang ups about playing us after they threw it away. Logically, they know they dominated us for most of the game at out own place. They played through us so easily in both games. Could see that happening again 

I believe though without looking, that is when we had one Cb (an injured Chester) and every team was just playing the ball over our defence to there unmarked striker.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Axels very good but I remember far too many balls over the top that he couldn’t handle for my liking. I can’t see that happening with the Hause. On the other hand it probably helps playing along side such a quality defender as Mings.

As you know at this level, I like units  and Hause is bigger than Axel......but Axel will get his chance, its competition time folks, and that what we want.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

No one plays through us.

We may lose, but it won't be cowardly Bruce-ball nothingness.

17 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

No point even talking about the game. We were under Bruce out of form didn't have Mings or hause. 

I suspect it would be a lot closer

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No point even talking about the game. We were under Bruce out of form didn't have Mings or hause. 

our defence is far more solid now...i agree it'll be a much closer game

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Agree. We were just horrible that game all over the pitch. It was evidence things were rotten.  Worst performance since we got relegated for me. Could have lost by a lot more. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Agree. We were just horrible that game all over the pitch. It was evidence things were rotten.  Worst performance since we got relegated for me. Could have lost by a lot more. 

Yep we were so bad that game. I think it's a toss up between that andbrentford 3-0 for worst game. 

But we have come a long way from then. I don't think their defence is particularly good to be honest. They have some good midfielders and strikers. What they really do have is a strong team ethtic and heart.