18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep we were so bad that game. I think it's a toss up between that andbrentford 3-0 for worst game. 

But we have come a long way from then. I don't think their defence is particularly good to be honest. They have some good midfielders and strikers. What they really do have is a strong team ethtic and heart. 

They do but it normally only takes you so far.  It will interesting to see how they bounce back from conceding 3 at home to Bristol city  

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

No one plays through us.

We may lose, but it won't be cowardly Bruce-ball nothingness.

Mate they played right through us at Villa park. Be honest, you know this. You seen it. The absence of Grealish though was huge though admittedly. Anyway, this is miles away. The other half of Sheffield im looking toward for now.

39 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think it will be important to finish 5th this season to avoid Sheff Utd/Leeds. I'd fancy us to beat anyone on current form but they will both be difficult over two legs.
I'd back us to beat Baggies, no sweat. 

Not sure about West brom. The new guy is fresh but they do have some dangerous players. I'd fancy us to beat them on a one off game for sure. 

Two legs can go either way. I wouldn't want Leeds esp with second leg at Elland Road. 

Don't fear anyone else. 

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not sure about West brom. The new guy is fresh but they do have some dangerous players. I'd fancy us to beat them on a one off game for sure. 

Two legs can go either way. I wouldn't want Leeds esp with second leg at Elland Road. 

Don't fear anyone else. 

I'd **** love Leeds at elland road. 

Oddly enough, i wouldn't want them at Wembley.

Also, it's the worst kept secret that our game against them on the 27th scheduled for 3pm will be moved for tv. Since we have been relegated every game we've played them has been on tv. Liverpool play Huddersfield the night before, the Friday, so that's out. So probably the 27th at 5.30.

Edited by Johnnyp
Mistake

59 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I'd **** love Leeds at elland road. 

Oddly enough, i wouldn't want them at Wembley.

Also, it's the worst kept secret that our game against them on the 27th scheduled for 3pm will be moved for tv. Since we have been relegated every game we've played them has been on tv. Liverpool play Huddersfield the night before, the Friday, so that's out. So probably the 27th at 5.30.

Be hiarous if we cost them second in the fashion they beat us at villa Park, then they implode in play offs. 

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think it will be important to finish 5th this season to avoid Sheff Utd/Leeds. I'd fancy us to beat anyone on current form but they will both be difficult over two legs.
I'd back us to beat Baggies, no sweat. 

If we can't beat them we don't deserve to be in the Prem anyways

• Like 1

If (and it is still a big IF) we finish in the play off positions, I will be terrified whoever we play, I think that's just what the play off's do to people!

In my ideal world I would prefer Norwich to slip out of the top 2 (extremely unlikely) and face them in a semi final with either Bristol City / Derby / Preston in the final.

But I think the chances of avoiding facing the teams currently 2nd 3rd and 4th at some point are ridiculously high.

Leeds worry me a lot, but more based on me knowing a lot of Leeds fans and losing to them would be horrible. West Brom have individual match winning class players (at this level) in Rodriguez and Gayle. And Sheffield Utd concern me more with the system they play and how we deal that.

Whatever happens it is going to be an exciting run in, hopefully we continue this cracking run and then we can worry about our play off opponents later :) .

53 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Be hiarous if we cost them second in the fashion they beat us at villa Park, then they implode in play offs. 

I think it will be a fantastic game. I'd be surprised if they've 2nd sown up by then, think they'll have to go to the last day to get it. We'll probably need to win that game to get playoffs. Think we'll beat Norwich on the last day. They'll be champions by then.

21 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

If (and it is still a big IF) we finish in the play off positions, I will be terrified whoever we play, I think that's just what the play off's do to people!

In my ideal world I would prefer Norwich to slip out of the top 2 (extremely unlikely) and face them in a semi final with either Bristol City / Derby / Preston in the final.

But I think the chances of avoiding facing the teams currently 2nd 3rd and 4th at some point are ridiculously high.

Leeds worry me a lot, but more based on me knowing a lot of Leeds fans and losing to them would be horrible. West Brom have individual match winning class players (at this level) in Rodriguez and Gayle. And Sheffield Utd concern me more with the system they play and how we deal that.

Whatever happens it is going to be an exciting run in, hopefully we continue this cracking run and then we can worry about our play off opponents later :) .

We don't win playoffs, so if you faced us in the final you'd be guaranteed promotion.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I think it will be a fantastic game. I'd be surprised if they've 2nd sown up by then, think they'll have to go to the last day to get it. We'll probably need to win that game to get playoffs. Think we'll beat Norwich on the last day. They'll be champions by then.

Even if they are nit I fancy us to beat Norwich. They just about beat us at their place we are alot better enow than when we met. 

Norwich have not had anywhere near a sbad as injuries as what we and Leeds have had. I think had we had all our main players available we would be in the top four. 

5 weeks ago we were 12th and talking about Smith's first summer in charge and what a force we'll look like next season. 

Anything from this season is just a bonus now. But what a bonus it would be.. 

It was the goal when the season started and it is the goal going into the end of the season.

The road there has been a mess, but promotion is and always was the goal.

Sometimes I’m very childish.

Last 5 games

Villa : W 5/D 0/ L 0/. ....F 13- A 2......Pts 15.....GD + 11

Blues : W 0/D 0/ L5......F 2-A 9..........Pts -9.......GD - 7

So In 5 games we’ve 24 Points and 18 goals on them 😀

Oh, and for completists ....

Averaged over a full season it would give

Villa Pts 138.......GD +101

Blues Pts -88......GD - 65

😀

I think that’s funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

If we can't beat them we don't deserve to be in the Prem anyways

Well, all games come down to that.....You only get up if you deserve to.

Last season we simply dropped too many points to teams we shouldn't have....that's why we failed.

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I think we will have to win close to every single game for the rest of the season to be inside top 6

But it’s the same for every team in the mix and not every team is going to win every game.  So points can be dropped. 

• Like 2