18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

TBH id rather Bristol be ahead of us than Boro as they have far more chance of nosediving!

Boro have a better squad and a win could have reminded them of that;  With the decent run in they have they could have been a problem.

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Hard to say whether Bristol winning tonight is good or bad news.  Puts us clear of Boro having played the same amount of games. Need West Brom to do us a favour now. 

Think we need to get out of this mindset of " people doing us favours ".  Nobody wants to play us right now. I'd imagine we are joint top with Norwich in the form table. As good as we have been, all we have really done is made up ground for how crap we had been prior to it. We still have very little margin for error. Just need to concentrate on ourselves and our own momentum.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Hard to say whether Bristol winning tonight is good or bad news.  Puts us clear of Boro having played the same amount of games. Need West Brom to do us a favour now. 

Think we need to get out of this mindset of " people doing us favours ".  Nobody wants to play us right now. I'd imagine we are joint top with Norwich in the form table. As good as we have been, all we have really done is made up ground for how crap we had been prior to it. We still have very little margin for error. Just need to concentrate on ourselves and our own momentum.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Bristol City still have Villa and Derby to play.

Big big games!

And Baggies and Sheffield Wednesday. They have a horrid run in. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Well boro are a mess surely pulis will be sacked tonight now? 

Bad result for us however it's in our hands as we have them to play at home. 

Not quite for me, as Bristol have a game in hand and are 1 point ahead. So they win that game in hand and we beat them, they’re still ahead of us.

However that Bristol and Derby have to play each other is a massive help to us. Someone is dropping points either way.

Bristol City didn’t look great tonight, Boro just awful but could have still nicked a draw, they defo won’t figure in the play off reckoning, Pulis will surely get the chop if they miss out - 5 straight defeats now.

Still worries about our run in though, we literally cannot afford any slip ups or we will get pipped, especially with Norwich and Leeds to play. If we win away on Saturday I will feel a lot happier.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well boro are a mess surely pulis will be sacked tonight now? 

Bad result for us however it's in our hands as we have them to play at home. 

It's not in our hands, even if we best them we only go 2 points ahead and they still have a game in hand. 

31 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

That can be a good thing in trying to sustain momentum...keeps the mind focused.

having a bit of room for slack can actually trip you up.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Bristol City didn’t look great tonight, Boro just awful but could have still nicked a draw, they defo won’t figure in the play off reckoning, Pulis will surely get the chop if they miss out - 5 straight defeats now.

Still worries about our run in though, we literally cannot afford any slip ups or we will get pipped, especially with Norwich and Leeds to play. If we win away on Saturday I will feel a lot happier.

I think it could possibly be our toughest game on Saturday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I think so too. He'll have them well up for it. 

If we play like the first half on Saturday we will win......if we play like we did in the last half hour we will lose.

We just have to match Derby and Bristol's results from here on in. It's almost entirely in our hands now 

The fact that they play each other means 1 or both of them will drop at least 2 points. If it's Derby, that means we'll be in due to our likely superior goal difference.

If it's Bristol, assuming we beat them, we'll finish ahead of them. Which makes that game absolutely huge.

Only thing that worries me is Derby's easier schedule and not beating Bristol at home. If I we're either of those teams though I would be scared shitless of us right now.

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, av1 said:

It's not in our hands, even if we best them we only go 2 points ahead and they still have a game in hand. 

Bristol wilm suffer fatigue very soon. The amount if games they will have to play will be very tiring. 

If we lose to the then we are in massive trouble that's for sure.