18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

I'll be honest i never felt confident in the week building up to the Fulham game. They were favourites. Played great football. We were patchy. Limped over the line against Boro. And 10 minutes into the final we couldn't get near the ball, knew it would be a long afternoon. Last April when were a shoe in for the playoffs, i wanted to avoid them. Should we get there this year, i think we'll be a different animal. And we should hope that Leeds and Sheffield United scrap it out for that 2nd place because whoever misses out will be distraught after been in around it for so long that to get ready for a playoff a week or so later is mentally jaring. 

• Like 3

Just now, Johnnyp said:

I'll be honest i never felt confident in the week building up to the Fulham game. They were favourites. Played great football. We were patchy. Limped over the line against Boro. And 10 minutes into the final we couldn't get near the ball, knew it would be a long afternoon. Last April when were a shoe in for the playoffs, i wanted to avoid them. Should we get there this year, i think we'll be a different animal. And we should hope that Leeds and Sheffield United scrap it out for that 2nd place because whoever misses out will be distraught after been in around it for so long that to get ready for a playoff a week or so later is mentally jaring. 

We could hand Leeds the defeat that costs them automatics, then get them straight away in the playoffs. Wowee.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We could hand Leeds the defeat that costs them automatics, then get them straight away in the playoffs. Wowee.

Have a feeling Leeds will knick 2nd, probably on the last day. Sheffield United have a tough run coming up too. I 100% think we'll go to elland road and win though.

I don't actually think we will have a better chance next season.....with us maybe losing key players, I think this is as good as it gets in terms of playing staff.

We have to do it, this season.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't actually think we will have a better chance next season.....with us maybe losing key players, I think this is as good as it gets in terms of playing staff.

We said that last season too. I think we'll lose grealish whether we go up or not this time. I'll be gutted if we don't go up but not overly worried. We are in good shape.

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

We said that last season too. I think we'll lose grealish whether we go up or not this time. I'll be gutted if we don't go up but not overly worried. We are in good shape.

I don't see us being able to replace Grealish, but hey ho.....is my point.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I agree, this is going to be our best chance for a while I think.

It’s been an awful league this year and I can’t see it being this bad again. 

I just hope our fans realise we will lose a game or two before the end of the season... we will... everyone will. If we lose to Wednesday and everyone goes into meltdown mode it’ll be annoying. There will be many twists and turns whoever goes up.

56 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I just hope our fans realise we will lose a game or two before the end of the season...

TBF if there is one thing we know inside out, it ain't winning every game...

1 hour ago, jim said:

I agree, this is going to be our best chance for a while I think.

It’s been an awful league this year and I can’t see it being this bad again. 

It's going to be worse next year for sure.  None of the teams coming down worry me in the slightest. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

It's going to be worse next year for sure.  None of the teams coming down worry me in the slightest. 

Be surprised if Huddersfield get remotely close to the PL again for years, even with the parachute payments. They struck lucky with Wagner and it worked. This new guy - I'm not so sure. Fulham will struggle next year. Sessegnon surely off, Mitrovic probably too. Cardiff will not bother me in the slightest if they drop too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Be surprised if Huddersfield get remotely close to the PL again for years, even with the parachute payments. They struck lucky with Wagner and it worked. This new guy - I'm not so sure. Fulham will struggle next year. Sessegnon surely off, Mitrovic probably too. Cardiff will not bother me in the slightest if they drop too.

Both would have actually been better off sticking with their managers IMO.

• Like 3

On 04/04/2019 at 10:44, Demitri_C said:

Not sure about West brom. The new guy is fresh but they do have some dangerous players. I'd fancy us to beat them on a one off game for sure. 

Two legs can go either way. I wouldn't want Leeds esp with second leg at Elland Road. 

Don't fear anyone else. 

I was at the hawthorns today doing a naughty drivers course, chatting to a baggies season ticket holder, talking about the playoffs. 

The only team he was worried about playing.. The Villa. 

Nice to know others fans are now worried about playing us. 

Edited by richp999

12 hours ago, TRO said:

Im not so sure Tro. When Smith took over I actually thought the season was over because it would take a while for him to get them playing his way and the state of the defence. The new manager bounce gave a bit of false hope. 

We have progressed a lot faster than I thought we would but if we don’t go up I trust Smith to build a team to challenge for top 2. 

Yes we will lose Jack but Norwich have shown you can loss your stand out best player but still compete as long as you spend wisely. 

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Im not so sure Tro. When Smith took over I actually thought the season was over because it would take a while for him to get them playing his way and the state of the defence. The new manager bounce gave a bit of false hope. 

We have progressed a lot faster than I thought we would but if we don’t go up I trust Smith to build a team to challenge for top 2. 

Yes we will lose Jack but Norwich have shown you can loss your stand out best player but still compete as long as you spend wisely. 

Fair comment.

It think Dean dealing with the centre halves is a master stroke......I was banging the drum for some time to have units in the middle of defence....I think they have given us a different dimension along with all the other factors of course.

• Like 1

On 03/12/2018 at 13:32, BOF said:

I think Norwich go up at a canter.

Fair play to this bloke back at the start of December :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2