18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Sitting pretty in 5th. 

The 3 teams below us all have games on hand but is rather have the points on the board.

could be very temporary. really could have used those other teams losing today. Bristol could easily catch up.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just remembered we have Bristol City at home on the 13th.

That will be the decider IMO.

Monumental game.

hope we crush them like we did last year. really set the record straight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

could be very temporary. really could have used those other teams losing today. Bristol could easily catch up.

Only team I'm worried about is Derby, they have an easy run-in and are starting to hit form. 

Pretty confident Boro is gonna lose one of their games in hand today, they are awful and up against Norwich.

Edited by Keyblade

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Bloody Sheffield United. Had they won that really would ahve helped us. Let's hope Norwich win tonight 

It would have but on the other hand I don’t want to play Leeds in the playoffs. Bristol city have an horrendous fixture list because of the games in hand. They will drop a lot of points. 

Just now, Keyblade said:

Only ten I'm worried about is Derby, they have an easy run-in and are starting to hit form. 

Pretty confident Boro is gonna lose one of their hands in hand today, they are awful and up against Norwich.

yeah Derby will be full of confidence after today's annihilation of Rotherham today as well. not exactly ideal for us. I'm probably not as optimistic as you are yet, but we do seem to keep on winning games so I'm not to worried about us. today's game was a little bit nervy near the end too.

Like Jamaican Villan pointed out, the Bristol game could be a decider and I think we'll win that one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bloody Sheffield United. Had they won that really would ahve helped us. Let's hope Norwich win tonight 

Definitely rooting for Norwich tonight. I hope they crush boro so hard it turns them into diamonds. blood diamonds.

2 minutes ago, jim said:

In a good position but we can’t get too carried away until those games in hand are chalked off.

Agree but I’d rather have the points at this stage. 

As I mentioned previously the fixture list in April is ridiculous. Add in an extra 1 or two  games to that fixture list and no championship squad will be able to handle it.

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Boro and Derby are there for the taking. It's Wednesday and Bristol City i'm worried about

Wednesday are done. All they can play for now is so Bruce can beat us. Goal difference is worth an extra point and theirs is -3. 

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It would have but on the other hand I don’t want to play Leeds in the playoffs. Bristol city have an horrendous fixture list because of the games in hand. They will drop a lot of points. 

I really want to play Leeds in the play-offs. We have a much better team than the one that collapsed in December plus the play off games will be high impact over 3 days so probably wont be able to play high tempo especially if they lose out on last day