18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Still not really in the play offs yet till the others play their games in hand.

Shows just how far we have had to come to get back in contention though!

Personally I’d prefer to have the points in the board rather than playing catch up with games.

• Like 2

I'm in the minority I think we'll fall just short, mainly due to the games in hand, and our last 2 games. I think it's 4 into 2, I'd take 6 th now.

i just look back on the state we were in the summer, not Bruce's fault, and then Bruce's defensive policy - Bruce's fault, and wonder what if we had appointed smith earlier. 

1 hour ago, Robbie09 said:

Norwich looked average against Boro, we’re more than capable of beating any of the teams above us.

Key against Boro is getting the first goal. At 0-0 Boro will defend with the whole team, once they concede they come forward and the game opens up more leaving more space to exploit.

1 hour ago, Stratvillan said:

I'm in the minority I think we'll fall just short, mainly due to the games in hand, and our last 2 games. I think it's 4 into 2, I'd take 6 th now.

i just look back on the state we were in the summer, not Bruce's fault, and then Bruce's defensive policy - Bruce's fault, and wonder what if we had appointed smith earlier. 

What does the line in bold achieve for you?

• Sad 1

I think 5 wins from 7, including beating Bristol City, may well be enough especially with our goal difference. I currently see no reason at the moment though as to why we can't win all 7. We have won 5 on the spin against some very tough opposition and certainly the next five are no tougher than our last 5.

Confidence and keeping our big players fit are the key for us and as long as that continues we will have a great chance of making the play offs and having gone into them on a great run we'd have to be confident of going all the way.

As a club we seem to be treating every game as though it is our cup final. Coming out of the blocks fast and as fans we are also feeding into that and getting right behind the players so whilst I see no harm in looking ahead this one game at a time mantra is working for us. I am sure all that Smith and his coaching staff will be focusing on is Sheffield Wednesday. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I done a predictor.

https://thefishy.co.uk/calc.php

I got this:

Screenshot 2019-03-31 at 12.39.23.png

It's made me even more nervous than before.

I had a go at it with a slightly negative  mindset, only winning three and drawing the remainder and I had us finishing sixth on goal difference, but behind Bristol instead of Derby.

I think we’ll win more than three and if one of them is Bristol City I think we’ll be ok.

• Like 1

I’d rather play sheff United than Leeds.

also we shouldn’t fear West Brom. We battered them at their place and had to cheat to get a point. At villa park we were poor and they got abit of luck. On current form I think be a different story