18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

10 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It would be hilarious for many reasons. 

The couple of fans arriving on here giving it big a few months ago, Their manager using sneaky spy tactics most of the season and the fact they have been in the top 2 for most of the season.

It would be great to see them walk away with bugger all except another season in the championship.

Something tells me if they failed to get promoted this season Biesla may also leave..   😆

It has already been pretty much confirmed that if they don't get promoted , Bielsa will leave. Pretty sure he is on 6.5 million a year. Leeds won't be able to afford half of that next season.

He would have to be easily the best paid manager in the championship.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

7 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Most teams up their game agianst us because of our name, playing like it's a cup final.

We got dominated at Villa Park against them, even when they were 2-0 down their moral didn't drop and kept attacking us for the entire game. Their high pressing and energy is not fun to play against.

I can't argue that Leeds played extremely well that day and were deserving winners, but we started the second half on top and their 1st goal came a bit against the run of play and gave them the impetus to go on to victory. From memory, both teams had players missing, but our losses were much more detrimental to us, most noticeably Grealish and Tuanzebe, Bree (although he did ok) played centre-half and but for a stupid mistake by Elmo deep into stoppage time, we would have still took a point from the game.

I wouldn't worry too much, since that game, we have a more composed keeper, Elmo & Taylor are starting to at least look like footballers, we have a pretty solid central defensive partnership and of course we have Jack back who changes our whole dynamic.  What we would have to do is make sure we match Leeds for passion, desire and work-rate, ability wise we have as much to offer anyone in the league. Anyway, we may not even play them yet so I will get back on topic.

Are we going up?! Well prior to our run of wins I had us 7th on the predictor and just missing out by a point, within that prediction though, I had victories against Derby & Boro along with draws at Forest & Blues, so bodes well.

8 cup finals, then hopefully another 3, bring it on...

I hope they do get promoted. Like Villa, Leeds naturally belong in the top flight in my opinion. Yes, you have to earn it. But there you go.

Ideally, they go up automatically and we do it via playoffs.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

I hope they do get promoted. Like Villa, Leeds naturally belong in the top flight in my opinion. Yes, you have to earn it. But there you go.

Ideally, they go up automatically and we do it via playoffs.

Agreed, but If I had to choose I'd rather we go up at their expense.

As i'm confident even if they missed out this year, they'd be up their next.

As long as Bielsa stays.

Bielsa is renounded for teams that fade away in the 2nd final third of the season. possibly due to their high tempo game plan and pre season training of fell running. Leeds are notorious for fading like a flower. a match made in Villa heaven. Also Bielsa had lost a lot of good karma with his dirty tricks.

By luck or judgement Villa are full of fresh players. Mings didn't play much, Hause hasn't played much. Grealish had a nice crimbo in dubai as part of his new contract, McGinn got suspended.  Steer, well a change is as good as a rest. The only knackered one looks like abraham well soz championship we have Kodjia and Davis who are fresh as well.

The championship is a real test of endurance cos of its physical nature.

Due to the way things have worked out Villa have plenty in the tank sir!

• Like 4

Edit - ignore what I wrote as thought we were playing QPR next, eejit I am. 

Anyway, point still valid, we've played teams above us lately and done well and been motivated so will be interesting to see how we get on against someone worse off in the table. 

Edited by bannedfromHandV

Talk on Twitter of the potential for Bolton’s results to be expunged if they go out of business this week (unlikely apparently)

Here

Unlikely event of Bolton going out of business on Weds would, by league rules, lead to their Championship results being expunged. Would be far worse on #SWFC in playoff hunt. #dcfc the big winners.

Boro -3 points

Villa -3

Preston -4

Derby -0

Bristol C -4 

Sheff Wed -6

Forest -4

Edited by chappy

17 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

QPR will be a big test for us I think. 

The last four games we've played people above us and I think it suits us better to be the 'underdog', always has in my mind. 

Last year we had a problem in dropping points against shit teams in games we should win 9/10 times. We've had a similar problem again this year though our form has just been more patchy generally. 

QPR are shit and we should bury them, likewise Rotherham et al, fingers crossed we can learn how to win these games with the relative ease that we should be doing. 

We have played QPR twice already

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

QPR will be a big test for us I think. 

The last four games we've played people above us and I think it suits us better to be the 'underdog', always has in my mind. 

Last year we had a problem in dropping points against shit teams in games we should win 9/10 times. We've had a similar problem again this year though our form has just been more patchy generally. 

QPR are shit and we should bury them, likewise Rotherham et al, fingers crossed we can learn how to win these games with the relative ease that we should be doing. 

Do you mean Blackburn? We lost and drew against them. QPR really was a very poor points return this season 

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Do you mean Blackburn? We lost and drew against them. QPR really was a very poor points return this season 

we battered QPR in the 1st game at Loftus Road, we should have certainly got something from that game

1 hour ago, chappy said:

Talk on Twitter of the potential for Bolton’s results to be expunged if they go out of business this week (unlikely apparently)

Unlikely event of Bolton going out of business on Weds would, by league rules, lead to their Championship results being expunged. Would be far worse on #SWFC in playoff hunt. #dcfc the big winners.

Boro -3 points

Villa -3

Preston -4

Derby -0

Bristol C -4 

Sheff Wed -6

Forest -4

Here

I have read this also, and done the math's...

This would be the current league table. Villa, Boro, Derby & Forest would also lose a fixture before the end of the season.

1 - Norwich - 72

2 - Sheff U - 68

3 - Leeds - 67

4 - WBA - 64

5 - Derby - 56

6 - Boro - 55

7 - Villa - 54

8 - Preston -53

9 - Bristol C - 51

10 - Nottm F - 50

11 - Sheff W - 49

Wouldn't it be nice for Jack to lead us out at Wembley and play out of his skin to absolutely hammer the Albion?

Then come out to the start of the new Premier League season as Villa captain playing alongside McGinn, Mings and Tammy....

I can almost smell it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Oops yep, sure did. 

The Villa app has our next fixture dowm as being QPR, I failed to notice it also says January 2019 ha! Thought we had them next, will correct post now 😳

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I can't argue that Leeds played extremely well that day and were deserving winners, but we started the second half on top and their 1st goal came a bit against the run of play and gave them the impetus to go on to victory. From memory, both teams had players missing, but our losses were much more detrimental to us, most noticeably Grealish and Tuanzebe, Bree (although he did ok) played centre-half and but for a stupid mistake by Elmo deep into stoppage time, we would have still took a point from the game.

I wouldn't worry too much, since that game, we have a more composed keeper, Elmo & Taylor are starting to at least look like footballers, we have a pretty solid central defensive partnership and of course we have Jack back who changes our whole dynamic.  What we would have to do is make sure we match Leeds for passion, desire and work-rate, ability wise we have as much to offer anyone in the league. Anyway, we may not even play them yet so I will get back on topic.

Are we going up?! Well prior to our run of wins I had us 7th on the predictor and just missing out by a point, within that prediction though, I had victories against Derby & Boro along with draws at Forest & Blues, so bodes well.

8 cup finals, then hopefully another 3, bring it on...

spot on.

• Like 1

Villa are the biggest club in the Championship with the biggest support .... That's fact.

This isn't fact and is only in my opinion .... If all our players are fit I believe we now have the best first eleven and bench in this division.

As other posters have said, we now have eleven cup finals to prove that we deserve promotion.

• Like 1