18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

Just now, Zatman said:

I really want to play Leeds in the play-offs. We have a much better team than the one that collapsed in December plus the play off games will be high impact over 3 days so probably wont be able to play high tempo especially if they lose out on last day

I’d rather play Sheffield United. They have massively over achieved. I think they might collapse after today. 

Baggies also seem to have hit form as well since sacking the manager which is worrying.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d rather play Sheffield United. They have massively over achieved. I think they might collapse after today. 

Baggies also seem to have hit form as well since sacking the manager which is worrying.

I will be happy if anybody but Leeds go up :)

leeds will probably also slip up at blues next week

Rather Leeds go up than Norwich to be honest but we need Norwich to us a favour tonight. So guess we cant be choosy, as long as we can make the 6 after 46 games, it doesn't matter who we meet in the semis. We want to get promoted. 

Just now, PaulC said:

Rather Leeds go up than Norwich to be honest but we need Norwich to us a favour tonight. So guess we cant be choosy, as long as we can make the 6 after 46 games, it doesn't matter who we meet in the semis. We want to get promoted. 

Why would you not want Norwich to go up. harmless team and play good football on a budget.  Plus the quicker they go up then they can not really care for the last game of the season

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Exactly that Norwich are a harmless club that offer little to the Premier League. Don't really care who goes up though, as long as we are one of them. 

What will Leeds offer. They be happy to finish 17th as well

Not too worried about Wednesday, they draw too many and their next six games are us, Forest, Leeds, Norwich, Bristol and Preston. All teams that have something to play for. They may not lose many of those, but I doubt they’ll win many either.

Bristol City have 8 games in April. Boro, Villa, West Brom, Wednesday and Derby are 5 of those. As per Sheff Wed, I don’t think they’ll win many of those. Today will have been a big boost for them though.

Derby, prior to today they had won 1 in 7 games. Remains to be seen if today has kick started a run or whether it was a blip. Easiest run in on paper. Their game against Bristol at the end of April may be a deciding factor.

Can’t rule out Boro just yet, some favourable fixtures left for them. I’ll certainly hope they draw with Bristol in their midweek game.

Broadly I would imagine those teams are more concerned about our form than we are about theirs.

boro and bristol city play each other on tuesday so that takes care of one of the games in hand, but honestly who do you back to win more points from here? Us or bristol, derby, boro forest etc.

It wouldn't surprise me now if we got 17/21 points - if not more.

Preston and Wednesday are done for now, I think.   They have to overtake 4 and 5 teams, 3 of which have games in hand.   Not all the teams above them are going to falter to that extent.

I worry that Bristol will beat Boro on Tuesday and go back above us with a game in hand.   We really need Norwich to win now so that Boro can draw with Bristol City without going above us.