What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Last night I had a bottle of Abbaye de Vaulclair Blanche. (Lidl's own)

For a wheat beer it was ok taste wise but a little thin on the body, which is why it comes in at below 5%.

I guess if you wanted a session Wit it'd be ok but who wants a session Wit, you'd be shitting for England the next day

5/10

Which was your pick of the lineup @Mark Albrighton?

Good to see some Cotswolds stuff on the lineup, they make some absolutely brilliant stuff, it's great that English whiskey is taken seriously these days.

Quite enjoy a dram of the red breast and Chita too.

I've never got on well with the standard Laphroaig, really like the cask strength one though

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Which was your pick of the lineup @Mark Albrighton?

Good to see some Cotswolds stuff on the lineup, they make some absolutely brilliant stuff, it's great that English whiskey is taken seriously these days.

Quite enjoy a dram of the red breast and Chita too.

I've never got on well with the standard Laphroaig, really like the cask strength one though

It’s a good question and I’m not sure what the answer is. I feel more confident in what I think of the earlier drinks as obviously I’d be a bit more sober.

The host really did build up the Laphroaig, saving it for last (the bottles were drank in that order, left to right).

The Cotswolds one was a nice surprise, I’m not learned in this stuff so an English whiskey wouldn’t leap out as an obvious choice. But yeah it was enjoyable. The host was pretty enthusiastic about English whiskey in general.

I enjoyed the redbreast, I think I naturally lean towards Irish whiskey, I find it an easier, smoother drink.

53 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It’s a good question and I’m not sure what the answer is. I feel more confident in what I think of the earlier drinks as obviously I’d be a bit more sober.

The host really did build up the Laphroaig, saving it for last (the bottles were drank in that order, left to right).

The Cotswolds one was a nice surprise, I’m not learned in this stuff so an English whiskey wouldn’t leap out as an obvious choice. But yeah it was enjoyable. The host was pretty enthusiastic about English whiskey in general.

I enjoyed the redbreast, I think I naturally lean towards Irish whiskey, I find it an easier, smoother drink.

More importantly, how’s your head this morning?

The wife is well into British bubbly these days, and I must admit that we’re getting awfully close to Champagne level on some of it. Last weekend we had friends over and we did a blind test with them, out of 6 people only 1 could guess what was champagne, all of the bottles were of similar price points ofc.

Tonight I’m on the beer, and later when the missus goes to bed, I’ll be having a nip of Ledaig 18 while falling asleep listening to one of my vinyls, probably Yes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Tonight I’m on the beer, and later when the missus goes to bed, I’ll be having a nip of Ledaig 18 while falling asleep listening to one of my vinyls, probably Yes.

I've heard a lot of positive reviews of Ledaig 18 and it surprised many who never thought such good stuff could be produced by the Tobermory distillery.

4 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I've heard a lot of positive reviews of Ledaig 18 and it surprised many who never thought such good stuff could be produced by the Tobermory distillery.

Definite new favourite here, at a very good price point too!

• Like 1

Â