What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

Not a bad drop at all...

Not quite the 15% stouts that @Davkaus likes though!

Maxresdefault.jpg

Quite like that one, it's a good breakfast beer ;)

Sainsbury's have this a surprisingly good seasonal one I've been enjoying lately too, chocolate orange stout, again it's in the 5% range, and very pleasant

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Quite like that one, it's a good breakfast beer ;)

Sainsbury's have this a surprisingly good seasonal one I've been enjoying lately too, chocolate orange stout, again it's in the 5% range, and very pleasant

The Sainsburys one is brewed and bottled by Hall & Woodhouse, who do the Badger beers :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, hogso said:

Cocktail makers - blanco or reposado tequila in a margarita, and 3-2-1 or 2-1-1 tequila, triple sec, lime?

Bit late for you now unless you’re on a wild bender but I tend to do 3 parts alcohol, 2 parts sour, 1 part sugar for a whiskey/pisco sour and margarita or anything else of that ilk. For margarita it would be 2/3 parts tequila and 1/3 triple sec.

51 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Bit late for you now unless you’re on a wild bender but I tend to do 3 parts alcohol, 2 parts sour, 1 part sugar for a whiskey/pisco sour and margarita or anything else of that ilk. For margarita it would be 2/3 parts tequila and 1/3 triple sec.

I've tried margaritas with a simple syrup, I know it's a staple for some...but I really don't like it in a marg! I want it strong with a nice thick rim of kosher salt. 

Main reason I asked was to see what others opinions were, there seems to be no concensus at all. I made a 3-2-1 measure yesterday for 5 or 6 people, I was in the minority for liking it strong so probably should have gone 2-1-1.

Then again, I do love tequila. Currently looking at decent anejo's as a new years treat. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, hogso said:

I've tried margaritas with a simple syrup, I know it's a staple for some...but I really don't like it in a marg! I want it strong with a nice thick rim of kosher salt. 

Main reason I asked was to see what others opinions were, there seems to be no concensus at all. I made a 3-2-1 measure yesterday for 5 or 6 people, I was in the minority for liking it strong so probably should have gone 2-1-1.

Then again, I do love tequila. Currently looking at decent anejo's as a new years treat. 

Yeah I know the sugar will be controversial, and I certainly don’t have a sweet tooth for anything, but I find it takes the edge off. I’m probably using a lot of citrus too that needs to be balanced.

5 hours ago, hogso said:

I want it strong with a nice thick rim of kosher salt. 

images-q-tbn-ANd9-Gc-T-MS29p0q-Au-KEWRhz

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

images-q-tbn-ANd9-Gc-T-MS29p0q-Au-KEWRhz

I had plenty licking the rim jokes whilst 'bartending' last night, and one request for a spicy rim 🤔

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Was going to ask if that Forged Stout was strong, but if your watching the superbowl it must be. 😂

A superbowl with the Broncos? Yeah right!!!!

Â