What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

17 hours ago, magnkarl said:

The wife is well into British bubbly these days, and I must admit that we’re getting awfully close to Champagne level on some of it. Last weekend we had friends over and we did a blind test with them, out of 6 people only 1 could guess what was champagne, all of the bottles were of similar price points ofc.

Tonight I’m on the beer, and later when the missus goes to bed, I’ll be having a nip of Ledaig 18 while falling asleep listening to one of my vinyls, probably Yes.

Did this work as planned?

Fun one tonight, every month I go to a whiskey tasting at the same place. 6 different bottles, and the thing that sets it apart from the other tastings is it isn't a stingy pour with a measuring device, each bottle is a healthy double, then we stay at the end to finish the bottles (and often open another).

A year ago, the organiser of these nights unveiled their bottling of an Islay whiskey from Bunnahabhain distillery. It'd been aged for 8 years, and they sold half a cask. This year, they released the next half of a cask. Exactly the same whiskey, but sat in the same cask for an extra 12 months. It's night and **** day. Both have a slightly TCP nose, but I quite like that, but this year's bottling removed so much of the astringency on the palate leaving with a smoky peaty taste but with plenty of sweetness. Really an eye-opening comparison.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Fun one tonight, every month I go to a whiskey tasting at the same place. 6 different bottles, and the thing that sets it apart from the other tastings is it isn't a stingy pour with a measuring device, each bottle is a healthy double, then we stay at the end to finish the bottles (and often open another).

A year ago, the organiser of these nights unveiled their bottling of an Islay whiskey from Bunnahabhain distillery. It'd been aged for 8 years, and they sold half a cask. This year, they released the next half of a cask. Exactly the same whiskey, but sat in the same cask for an extra 12 months. It's night and **** day. Both have a slightly TCP nose, but I quite like that, but this year's bottling removed so much of the astringency on the palate leaving with a smoky peaty taste but with plenty of sweetness. Really an eye-opening comparison.

What do you make of Teeling Single Grain.

I tried this in Dublin along with some other Teelings and thought this was one of the smoothest (of not very many) whiskeys I've tried.

Price point here much cheaper than in the duty free:

https://sklep-domwhisky.pl/product-pol-17400-Teeling-Single-Grain-46-0-7l.html

On 18/11/2023 at 19:25, Seat68 said:

Fanta lemon and Bombay sapphire. 

Last night I had two of those tins of Bombay Collins or whatever it’s called, the gin and citron presse stuff, just wasn’t in the mood for wine and beer and there were no whisky based cocktails in a can, but they exceeded my lowish expectations

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Father in law broke out the yeni raki, I haven't got it anymore it's killing me 

Are you drinking it properly? A tall rakı bardağı and a small karaf of water?

Tekirdağ iş much smoother. 

Şerefe!

A good few pints of this yesterday - was lovely!

Sharp-s-Solar-wave1.jpg

Other drinks quaffed were Oakham Citra IPA, Kingfisher lager and Veltins pilsner

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

ryan-reynolds-but-why.gif

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

Man down!

The 'woke brigade' have brainwashed @Tegis!

Had to try, it tastes of absolutely nothing and it's given me a heartburn. What a awful awful "drink" :lol:

• Like 1

On 19/11/2023 at 09:12, Tegis said:

STB1jfF.png

I’m impressed you can get that in Sweden.  It’s a small brewery in pretty secluded, rural valley.  They even had their own language (Boont) in the early 20th century.  .  What did you think of it?  I’ve always liked their brews and used to like to stop in the pub they used to have in Boonville on my way to the coast.

• Like 1

Â