What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

22 hours ago, villa4europe said:

On the Appleton estate 8 year reserve

Beautiful, right up there with the best rums I've drank 

Shopping in the £40-60 bottle market even with Appleton, mount gay, chairmans, diplomatico, HC makes such a difference

It's the sweet spot for most spirits imo

• Like 1

Been mentioned before, but the bloke behind me at the PoW on Thursday ordered four pints of Carling. WTF man! 

What is it with this piss water and their hold on the British public? Its like fentanyl for the middle aged man! 

My wife always used to get a case of fairly good spirits from contractors basically she was responsible for awarding them contracts. She moved jobs about a year ago and now can only appoint contractors on the NHS preferred supplier list, the booze givers are not on that list and my wife cant put them on that list. A box of spirits arrived yesterday from them anyway, a tier or two below the usual quality but still not bad, a bottle of woodford reserve and a bottle of smokehead whiskey for me.

Had a fair few this week;

Festive ales: Rudolph's Revenge (Felinfoel Brewery Co Ltd ) and Rocking Rudolph (Greene King)

Craft beer: Bonza, a blood orange pale ale from Stubbee Brewery

Chav juice: Madri and Coors

• Like 1

Weird things that I only drink at Christmas, #1: ginger wine. 

My parents always used to get an annual bottle of Stones' Ginger Wine, so it's a nostalgia thing. Last Xmas I bought the Morrisons generic version by mistake (very similar labelling) - I noticed yesterday it was nearly all gone, so I bought a bottle of the real thing. 

Just did an A-B tasting test, and concluded that the supermarket version is nicer. 

Edited by mjmooney

On 15/12/2023 at 16:30, Xela said:

Corona (only beer/lager on draft at the restaurant), Cruzcampo, Plum Pig and Neck Oil. 

Lots of sleep needed the next day. 

I saw that a couple of weeks back on my last trip to England, hadn't seen it before, what's it like? Generic at a guess... 

After sampling pedretti (absolute piss) on the trip before im a bit more reluctant to try these new "fancy" foreign beers 

8 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Sipping away at this (bought for me earlier in the year for my 40th). Still some left, whether or not the bottle lives to see 2024 remains to be seen.

IMG_0739.webp.b98b74a6475b5fafd05499431d39b02e.webp

Turns out it didn’t live to see Christmas.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I saw that a couple of weeks back on my last trip to England, hadn't seen it before, what's it like? Generic at a guess... 

After sampling pedretti (absolute piss) on the trip before im a bit more reluctant to try these new "fancy" foreign beers 

Its not too bad. Most middle of the road lager tastes similar to me! Be it Moretti, Madri or that. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its not too bad. Most middle of the road lager tastes similar to me! Be it Moretti, Madri or that. 

See I like moretti because it's got a slightly different taste to it

Madri might as well be San Miguel rebranding 

Also surprised estrella galicia never came for the UK

Â