What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Bought a bottle of this at a whiskey tasting tonight, the most beautiful scotch I've tasted. One to save for special occasions I think

795432-large@2x.jpg

I would hope so at the price it goes for. It's on my list but it's a bugger to get hold of, at a time when I can justify it. 

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I would hope so at the price it goes for. It's on my list but it's a bugger to get hold of, at a time when I can justify it. 

There is a danger in consuming a large volume of whiskey in a place that's willing to sell you more :blush: Well over double the amount I've ever paid for a bottle before, but it was the last one they had, and the one we were tasting was the 89, non-cask strength which blew me away, I'm very excited to try this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Try Nicholls and Perks of Stourbrdge, a very old high quality wine merchant that can probably get any bottle from anywhere, they stock Tomatin.

www.nickollsandperks.co.uk/

• Thanks 1

Slane whiskey, ....made up the road from me ...never tried it before as I followed it's journey from the get go and didn't like initially that they just rebranded another  whiskey with their label....but a big tie in with Jack Daniels and the building of their own distillery I caved in and bought a bottle .....and I have to say very very nice .....and I've drank many a whisky/whiskey 

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/03/2022 at 22:29, Davkaus said:

Bought a bottle of this at a whiskey tasting tonight, the most beautiful scotch I've tasted. One to save for special occasions I think

795432-large@2x.jpg

nothing wrong with spending big money on whisky. the best stuff costs. and the cask strength stuff you need to add a drop of water to anyway really so makes it last longer

the above looks a bit peaty for my taste though

still working through my tamdhu 15 myself and just bought a bottle of fettercairn 12 which is a decent dram for the price

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

spacer.png

Everyone always bangs on about Asahi, they are wrong. Get Sapporo instead. It’s miles better and comes in the best tin ever. 

i drank a lot of Kirin when i was there, i seem to remember the easiest beer to get hold of was kirin 330ml cans

id put that ahead of asahi too

Purity have got a special edition 1982 cup final design for purity pale. Beautiful can, and a solid if unremarkable beer. Too rich for my blood though, I think they're taking the piss, but sharing in case anyone else is tempted

image.png.690a8fdf15c38a95cc6714d96da4b88e.png

https://puritybrewing.com/product/purity-pale-82-european-cup-anniversary-case-12x440ml-cans/

You'll get about twice as many of their cans from a supermarket for that kind of money, but it is very pretty

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Talking about Purity, its pretty much the only beer i'm drinking at the moment 

Lawless, Longhorn and Bunny Hop mainly. 

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Looks to be out of stock already @Davkaus

Clearly I'm the only one who clicked it and thought "how **** much?". Cost of living crisis eh? :D 

I am a big fan of Longhorn, don't think I've tried the other two you mentioned, I'll keep my eyes peeled

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Clearly I'm the only one who clicked it and thought "how **** much?". Cost of living crisis eh? :D 

I am a big fan of Longhorn, don't think I've tried the other two you mentioned, I'll keep my eyes peeled

:D

It was going to be a Father's Day present... well, half of it was, with the other half for myself ;) 

It helps as there is a Purity pub near my work in Central Brum. It is generally the place I gravitate to, when i need a scoop after a days graft. The slightly higher prices, combined with the Briar Rose ('Spoons) nearby, keeps the plebs out :P 

Edited by Xela

Â