What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

I like craft stuff but it’s sometimes a bit wanky isn’t it? 

We were in bath 2 days ago and I got 2 440ml cans for 6 quid a pop. One of which was really shite; Gose marketed as a Solero which I reckon I could have replicated by mixing salt water and a melted solero. 

• Haha 1

I always wonder why Guinness is so revered, when other nitro keg beers are generally mocked as not being traditional/authentic. 

Plus the whole two stage pour is a pure marketing ploy nowadays. 

• Like 2

On 27/08/2022 at 19:56, Xela said:

I always wonder why Guinness is so revered, when other nitro keg beers are generally mocked as not being traditional/authentic. 

heathen 😉😘

I find it's like marmite....you either love it or

Personally, i just find it so smooth and just so consistent. It's not very often i've had a bad pint of Guinness.

I've gone through the range of drinks and still do, lagers, real ales. Lager is generally consitent although some i just wouldn't touch at all.

Real ale, some absolutely cracking beers out there, but they can be inconsistent. Some have a cracking head that stays all the way down the glass and others can be as flat as a witches tit.

Guinness is my go to drink for the sheer level of consistency, and the taste of course.

Plus, a well poured pint in a proper glass just looks magic.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Thought I would have a drink to celebrate our new King. 

What ale sums him up the best?

I went for one of these:

THEAK-440ml-Can-Old-Peculier.jpg

A delicious beer is Old Peculier. My dad took me to Theakston’s brewery on holiday once as a kid. **** boring, but great beer.

For the new King, I’d go with something by

image.png.0d07e01edfc2354e0eb60d878d3190c5.png

• Haha 3

I got to share a rare dram with an absolute legend of the whisky industry, Colin Dunn, meeting him topped off a fantastic day at the Birmingham whisky festival.  I also got to try a 43yr old Talisker which was the stuff of dreams, dreams being the appropriate word given I’ll never be able afford a bottle of the stuff 🤣

rsz_16b53870b-95f1-4a83-adcd-cd559c752c36.jpg

One looks like a professional, the other bloke looks pissed out of his mind. So no prize’s for guessing which one I am, and which one is the legend🤣 

Edited by av1

On 27/08/2022 at 19:56, Xela said:

not-for-me-mate-not-for-me.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Better than Guinness

42828f51-29cd-44b5-95aa-66107b8d5406-CR0

Come at me 

Dytjt.jpg

Don't agree but I do love Smith's.

On 12/09/2022 at 19:47, imavillan said:

Saturday at The Oval

Guinness, £7.10 a pint !!!

Jesus.