What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Where from?  It's my brothers birthday so he'll be getting one if I can find it

I got it in Morrisons, Newquay while down here. I think @Xela often gets his beers in Morrisons too? So I'd definitely try there first. My local one isn't that big and has a very small selection. Newquay had about 4 times more 'craft' beers.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Where from?  It's my brothers birthday so he'll be getting one if I can find it

The Aunt Bessie one is all over Morrisons at the minute. They did a Roast Beef bitter one a couple of years ago! 

The Pina Colada sour was from Sainsburys. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I'm still searching for the fish 'n' gravy bitter for @blandy

Beer should taste of beer. I agree with @sidcow.

Only exceptions are those Belgian Trappist ones with cherry or raspberry etc.

Stop drinking beer that’s “good with colours” m’kay.

9 minutes ago, blandy said:

Beer should taste of beer. I agree with @sidcow.

Only exceptions are those Belgian Trappist ones with cherry or raspberry etc.

Stop drinking beer that’s “good with colours” m’kay.

In pubs i'll always have real ale from casks, but I find they don't translate very well at all to bottles/cans. 

So i'll always go for something quirky when I'm at home. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

In pubs i'll always have real ale from casks, but I find they don't translate very well at all to bottles/cans. 

So i'll always go for something quirky when I'm at home. 

I’m the same in pubs

home though, I’ll stick with decent lager in the summer, or Adnams or Oakham or any of the others that Booths sell.

no 🥭 No 🍍 no 🍌 no 🐟 No 🍮

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

As a side to that ice cream / vanilla / cream soda one... Does anyone know of some actual alcoholic root beer? 

I love root beer 

Had a feeling I'd seen some

It was a few years ago now when I lived that way but didnt try it. Might be a tricky one to get hold of though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

We found the fosters drinker 😉

No, you've found a Real ale drinker.  But some of this stuff is nonsense. Just alcopops masquerading as beer.

Edited by sidcow

Thatchers Dark Berry please. I can't get it up here, but I was on holiday in Devon last week, and it was on tap. Luuuurvely. Thatchers is my favourite cider. 

Incidentally they do a special edition blood orange one, which sounded like my jam, but was not pleasant. I've come to the conclusion that despite liking most stuff with an orange flavour, orange cider just doesn't work. 

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

No, you've found a Real ale drinker.  But some of this stuff is nonsense. Just alcopops masquerading as beer.

Novelty and new sells doesn't it, booze seems to be no different, especially spirits 

Even the world beers seems to have given way to new beers, madri and a knock off italian one I can't remember the name of

Someone will do a mystery flavour ale before too long 

I went and had a look and I take it back @sidcow yeah it's insane

Couldn't get the roly poly but got the vanilla, a peanut butter and raspberry jam, a maple syrup pancake and a Tony's white chocolate milkshake flavour 

Like I said brothers birthday almost like a joke present, surely people aren't picking up 6 cans of peanut butter and jam IPA on a Saturday night? 

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

surely people aren't picking up 6 cans of peanut butter and jam IPA on a Saturday night? 

No. But I can't imagine anything more dull than having 6 pints of lager, either.

If I'm having a few drinks, I might have a selection of a fruity sour, some kind of unusual pale, and finish on some heavier imperial stouts, often they'll be coffee/liquorice/cherry style stouts, or something even crazier. Along the way the more interesting ones will be broken up by a bit of a palate cleanser, just a good solid ale, be it pale or a nice dark trappist ale.

It'd be very very rare for me to have the same drink back to back when it's something as interesting as the peanut butter/jam sour. The variety is half the fun.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

surely people aren't picking up 6 cans of peanut butter and jam IPA on a Saturday night? 

No, thats whey they are sold as separate cans and not in packs. They're quirky, and something different. 

I don't drink much at home but given the choice between something generic and something wacky, i'll take a chance on the latter. 

In the pub though, hand pulled cask ale all day long! 

Â