What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

44 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Now that's my favourite Purity ale

25 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Mine too, it's a top beer. Rarely ever go without a couple in the cupboard.

Probably my favourite brewery. Helps that their bar isn't far from my work so have had a few scoops in there after the office... on the odd occasion I do make it in there! 

Longhorn, Mad Goose, Lawless and Bunny Hop - all lovely! 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Probably my favourite brewery. Helps that their bar isn't far from my work so have had a few scoops in there after the office... on the odd occasion I do make it in there! 

Longhorn, Mad Goose, Lawless and Bunny Hop - all lovely! 

I love the Mad Goose, and I quite like the Longhorn, not too fussed about the others. But if you like most of their products, it's worth using the code from the Villa View podcast because I think there's a discount, can't remember if it's 10 or 20% off.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MrBlack said:

What about our very own beer made by purity?

spacer.png

Can't say it's as nice as mad goose, but the looks make up for it.

Some hero on here gave away a code for a free keg last year (just had to pay p&p) so I'd guess more than a few of us sampled it 

Its alright, I'm assuming they sell it in parts of the ground, I'd take it over the usual stadium beers any day of the week

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sidcow said:

I'm drinking a Chardonnay currently. Not had a bottle in years.  Won't have another for years either, almost like a dessert wine :puke:

If that's the case, you're drinking the wrong bottle of chardonnay.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MrBlack said:

What about our very own beer made by purity?

spacer.png

Can't say it's as nice as mad goose, but the looks make up for it.

Found out today I won one of these 😃

Have had it before (the free keg + postage mentioned earlier) as well as the ground, it's not a beer I would choose unless the choice is limited, but it's an ok ale. Especially for free 😀

• Like 1

couple of whisky samplers for myself

blair athol 14y which isn't worth the big price jump from the 12 year (which is bloody gorgeous) hence i'll stick with the 12 year

tamdhu 15 year which was lush. not worth the £80 price tag mind but managed to grab a bottle on sale for £60

got a sampler of glendronach 18 year which i'm saving. kinda hope i don't love it as it's hard to come by currently and over £100 a bottle now

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Takamaka has a really obscure flavour. Not like any spiced rum I've ever tried,  but pleasant all the same! Looks tasty

Yep I realised after tasting the rum on its own before making this that a lot of the flavour from the cocktails we’d been drinking on holiday was from the rum itself.

On 25/02/2022 at 21:48, tomav84 said:

couple of whisky samplers for myself

blair athol 14y which isn't worth the big price jump from the 12 year (which is bloody gorgeous) hence i'll stick with the 12 year

tamdhu 15 year which was lush. not worth the £80 price tag mind but managed to grab a bottle on sale for £60

got a sampler of glendronach 18 year which i'm saving. kinda hope i don't love it as it's hard to come by currently and over £100 a bottle now

You will love it, it’s stunning. 

That said, the 15 is stunning as well (I actually prefer it) and is much cheaper. 

10 hours ago, av1 said:

You will love it, it’s stunning. 

That said, the 15 is stunning as well (I actually prefer it) and is much cheaper. 

it was incredible i must say...not spending £100 on it though! i'll try the 15 and see how it matches up...heard mixed reviews on it so will have to sample before spending the money

talking of sherry bombs, grabbed a bottle of tamdhu 15 on sale for £60 which is a decent price IMO

• Like 1

Â