What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

On 18/06/2022 at 16:58, Genie said:

My “free” beers arrived today, however the box was really beaten up and one of the cans had leaked. 

I dropped them a message to see if they will do anything but as they were free I am not especially upset. I’ll try a couple later and report back 

1) Brewdog were quick to apologise and tell me they’ve sent me another 4 pack

2) I don’t like them, they taste like soluble paracetamol.

Edited by Genie

It’s Fathers Day over here (Happy FD to US based dads!), so I’m lazing on the back patio with gin & tonics.  Sunny and warm.  Can’t beat it.   Oh, and I don’t have to work tomorrow.

5 hours ago, il_serpente said:

It’s Fathers Day over here (Happy FD to US based dads!), so I’m lazing on the back patio with gin & tonics.  Sunny and warm.  Can’t beat it.   Oh, and I don’t have to work tomorrow.

Same here, Father's Day that is. I celebrated by doing the washing. 

I hate brewdog beers. Can't stand them. Not my thing at all. 

My daughter has a fairly new boyfriend and he gave me a brewdog beer, can't remember the name but it had a hint of watermelon to it. I had it, thanked him for it and that was it. Now whenever he comes over he brings me 4 of them. What's worse is he brings them over and then helps himself to my Camden IPA. 

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

My daughter has a fairly new boyfriend and he gave me a brewdog beer, can't remember the name but it had a hint of watermelon to it. I had it, thanked him for it and that was it. Now whenever he comes over he brings me 4 of them. What's worse is he brings them over and then helps himself to my Camden IPA. 

You’ll have to say they’ve started to taste off recently or something like that 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

This. Or at least this with one exception. Their ales are very meh! at best, but pretty much by accident I had some of their lost planet lager and it was excellent.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I didn't want to talk shit when you posted about free beer, but yes, this.

Likewise, thought I'd give Dave a chance to try them before commenting but I don't like it. The double hazy I don't mind at all but Hazy Jane is unpleasant tasting.

Also had Brewdogs collaboration with Buxton brewery yesterday. That was a bit meh too.

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

See this is where being nice gets you

You: "er Ok thanks"

Me: "No ta, hate Brewdog"

This is the lesson I learned from Chocolate Oranges and my parents many years ago

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Grapefruit maybe, in a red can? That'll be Elvis Juice, I can't think of anything they've made with watermelon, certainly not widely available.

As it happens, Elvis Juice is one of the few beers of theirs I find drinkable. Love a grapefruit IPA :D 

They do a decent stout as well, not brilliant, but good for the price. Their standard IPAs are just a one-dimensional pint of hops though

• Like 1

My 4x replacement Hazy Jane’s arrived today. They also sent me a free 4 pack of these too which was nice.

bd_webbundle_pdp_1x330can_single_punk.pn

If I drink these first I might not be so fussy about the other dodgy ones.

On 24/06/2022 at 15:20, Genie said:

My 4x replacement Hazy Jane’s arrived today. They also sent me a free 4 pack of these too which was nice.

bd_webbundle_pdp_1x330can_single_punk.pn

If I drink these first I might not be so fussy about the other dodgy ones.

If you drink them first you’ll have no taste buds left

Went in the fridge Intending to pull out a bottle of lager without really looking. It was only when pouring it, I noticed I pulled out this by mistake, which i bought the other day.

image.thumb.png.d8edf8100be2037c43d5aedd3a8c13b0.png

Not quite as refreshing as what I was intending but quite like it.

• Like 2

I've never had that one, but I've posted several of their beers over the years. I maintain they're one of the absolute top brewers of dark beers in the world. 

• Like 1

Â