What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

No worries, nice to learn something and you did mention brewing. It’s a shame that it sounds like the ship has sailed for me to get my 3rd home there! 30k people per day is crazy.

When we were looking for a house last year people were bidding $200k over the asking price 😮 Lines down the street to get in to open houses - it was and still is absolutely nuts.

People selling up in California and coming here with cash and just throwing it all at property. 

Oh and just to get it back OT, the beer is really great.

Edited by TheAuthority

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

When we were looking for a house last year people were bidding $200k over the asking price 😮 Lines down the street to get in to open houses - it was and still is absolutely nuts.

People selling up in California and coming here with cash and just throwing it all at property. 

Oh and just to get it back OT, the beer is really great.

We’ve had Happy New Year from New Image and Pillow Stacks from Outer Range, Frisco CO

• Like 1

On 27/12/2021 at 23:03, sidcow said:

Come on then VT. I'm looking for a bottle of Whiskey to put on my Birthday list.  Say £35-£40.  Any recommendations appreciated.👍

So I gave Mrs Sidcow a bit of a list from your suggestions, thank you very much VT. 

Ended up with the Laphroaig, but it turns out I was so late giving her my list that she'd already bought one anyway. 

Being half Welsh she'd found a Welsh Whisky 

image.png.11dfe09cf755a2510b5e8434d9bda148.png

Anyone ever tried this? I'm on the wine tonight so won't try it till the weekend. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So I gave Mrs Sidcow a bit of a list from your suggestions, thank you very much VT. 

Ended up with the Laphroaig, but it turns out I was so late giving her my list that she'd already bought one anyway. 

Being half Welsh she'd found a Welsh Whisky 

image.png.11dfe09cf755a2510b5e8434d9bda148.png

Anyone ever tried this? I'm on the wine tonight so won't try it till the weekend. 

if you read my post about riding the quarry train, then the track it used to travel up was literally at the back of where the distillery is now.

Penderyn is a very small village, we used to go there as kids to buy a flagon of cider from the Lamb

I even had an Aunt and Uncle that lived there

You'd think I knew all about it after all that, nah, never tried it, keep meaning to

• Like 1

On 21/01/2022 at 10:04, Rodders said:

I like Penderyn. Been a while since I had it though. From memory it's fairly smooth ( so not like Laphroaig )

On the subject of Laphroaig. I'm really enjoying the bottle i got for christmas. Whisky has never my thing but decided to start giving it a go again. From working in pubs and bars i always liked the smell of the peaty whiskies. So thought i'd suggest it when asked what i wanted. Its going down very well, will have to start thinking about what to try next.

On 22/01/2022 at 20:50, AlwaysAVFC said:

On the subject of Laphroaig. I'm really enjoying the bottle i got for christmas. Whisky has never my thing but decided to start giving it a go again. From working in pubs and bars i always liked the smell of the peaty whiskies. So thought i'd suggest it when asked what i wanted. Its going down very well, will have to start thinking about what to try next.

I think it's an age thing. I've never been really interested till recently. I think your palate changes. 

On 21/01/2022 at 10:04, Rodders said:

I like Penderyn. Been a while since I had it though. From memory it's fairly smooth

Agreed, I'm liking it. It's young and not complex but definitely smooth. 

My inner Welsh may be being biased though😁

I went to a whisky tasting last night and among other things tried the oak Penderyn. Not too shabby for the price! I find the madeira finish one a little one-dimensional - easy drinking, won't turn it down, but there are more interesting drinks for the same cost, IMO

• 4 weeks later...
Â