Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

9 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Kevin Feige and the writers of Multiverse of Madness have said that the spare chair in the Illuminati was for Tony Stark. The reason he's not in it is because of lockdowns and such they couldn't schedule Tom Cruise to film his scenes, so they had to change the script. They also said they're using the same film pacing build ups as with the Infinity Saga to reach Secret Wars

Spoiler tags please. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

How is it spoiler? Everyone and his dog knows Cruise isn't in it. Christ even my 75 year mum knows that.

Well I didn't as I've purposefully avoided everything about it. The films only a week old and a lot of people haven't had chance to see it yet. 

• Like 1

It's OK, my issue with it is that despite thinking strange is an ok character his world isn't, doesn't interest me, didn't enjoy Wandavision either so not really bothered by her, the whole film is swimming against the tide, at least its not a comedy film... There are some really cool bits, some good looking bits too

The MCU doesn't feel as streamlined as it has done previously and at the same time it has all gone a bit Disney / Pixar, shang chi, black widow, strange, they make good films that can't stand out from the noise of their other good films 

Watched it last night, thoroughly decent fun, thoroughly Sam Raimi. Wanda's motivation was a funny one for me though, didn't really buy it but nevertheless enjoyed the spectacle and the multiverse allowing some fun nods to the rest of the universe. 

Spoiler

Captain Carter was nice, having only recently finished watching Agent Carter.

In the last week I’ve finished Moon Knight and also watched Doctor Strange 2.

Thoroughly enjoyed both and would say MK has been the best MCU series so far. 

Admittedly after the trailers I wasn’t hopeful of Isaac’s mockney accent but once the series begun and it was clear why it was being used it was good. Isaac did a quality job on the multiple parts he played.

As for Doctor Strange, a brilliant horror-hero romp with some gruesome effects (for a 12a!) but had to explain Wandavision to the other half as it is detrimental to the plot. 

I assume it’s Thor Four next on the big releases? 

I kind of thought Moon Knight was pretty awful and Dr. Strange 2 was a bit of a letdown. Dr. Strange was trying to do too much, while Moon Knight was trying to do too little.

Spoiler

The multiverse of madness really added up to one place where—mad—they go on red lights, not green and where they have a different Captain Marvel/America, and another post-apocalyptic place. Brief 2 second glimpses is not enough. The Raimi stuff at the end was enjoyable, but it was very light on character moments in the beginning. It was OK I guess.

But yeah, Moon Knight was pants imo and Isaac's British accent was excruciating! For far too long the plot stood completely still (the psch ward bit), and there was far too little actual Moon Knight. It started well but went nowhere for me.

Edited by Rolta

Dr Strange was a bit meh, I just find his stories a bit boring but the actors try the best. Also seemed like a set up film

nice cameo maybe a potential crossover 😛 

Spoiler

monster university mike wazowski gif | WiffleGif

Also I like the chemistry between Wong and Strange but I still cant take him serious unless he invites Strange to play Street Countdown vs Moss to test his true skills

Edited by Zatman
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Dr Strange was a bit meh, I just find his stories a bit boring but the actors try the best. Also seemed like a set up film

nice cameo maybe a potential crossover 😛 

Reveal hidden contents

monster university mike wazowski gif | WiffleGif

Also I like the chemistry between Wong and Strange but I still cant take him serious unless he invites Strange to play Street Countdown vs Moss to test his true skills

I hadn't even realised that he was Prime on IT Crowd. Absolutely brilliant. 

yeah im not convinced

August 17th though, that means Disney must be starting to overlap with the star wars stuff rather than do one and then the other

obi wan, ms marvel, she hulk and then im pretty sure andor should be out before she hulk finishes

12 hours ago, Chindie said:

Oh dear, looks like the budget ran out for special effects.  It plays like Ally McBeal with superpowers. I guess they are going for laughs here, as the writer has pretty much only comedy credits to her name, but not a single joke in the trailer landed with me, they were very predictable.

It looks fine for me. It's a bit different, and I like it that they're branching out with different types of stories. That's only going to enrich the huge world they've been creating. Though I appreciate it could still end up climaxing with a predictable cgi punch up.

Watched Dr strange.. 

Spoiler

Anyone feel Wanda was  a little too overpowered? And Dr strange was was way underpowered? 

Just felt like Wanda was a wrecking machine and Dr Stranges powers were pointless. 

Â