Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

44 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Anyone watching ms marvel? 

I found myself about 15 mins in to the 2nd episode realising that it was on but i wasn't actually watching 

Just not clicking for me

I didn't even turn on the second episode. I just think I'm too old for it now / not the target audience. It gives me vibes of Sabrina the teenage witch. This does not mean it is bad TV I just remember watching stuff like this after school as a kid and it's not what I want to watch now. 

I also think I'm a little jaded by the number of times I have seen a hero discover their powers. The process is so well worn now that it has all the impact and wonder of flipping over the next card in a top trumps pack. 

• Like 2

On 23/06/2022 at 12:31, Demitri_C said:

I didnt watch wanda vision before watching dr strange tbh. I dont think it makes much difference 

Reveal hidden contents

My only thing wrong with dr strange was how powerful scarlett witch was. This version of scarlett witch would beat thanos easy

Spoiler

She had Thanos easily beaten in Endgane until somebody shot at her

46 minutes ago, Zatman said:
  Hide contents

It distracted her not beat her

Spoiler

I would argue it did because she was nowhere to be seen in the final  battle where captain america, thor and captain marvel all got beaten by thanos before iron man sacrificed himself

• 2 weeks later...

Namor leaked from some marketing guff for Black Panther 2

Spoiler

Not sure. I get it, and it's fairly faithful to the spirit of his classic look, but... dunno.

Also this film seems to be suffering from a lack of a Black Panther.

You could do worse. But he's not grizzled enough to be Logan IMO, and I don't think he's got the build for it. He's built like Spider-man, a gymnast. You need someone who is basically a square of muscle with a jaw you could make a wrought iron gate on and hairy like the missing link. 

I watched Thor tonight. It’s good fun. Some funny moments, although some are overplayed. 

Not sure a spoiler but..

Spoiler

Christian Bale really seems to base his role on Voldemort, looks and mannerisms are similar. 

This one is a spoiler 

Spoiler

The Gods meeting is pretty cool how they represent so many different cultures. 

Seemed to me they showed the Celestials a few times as they flew out but also at the gateway to eternity. Obviously trying to tie it in to Eternals and the consequences.

Post Credit scene with Hercules coming in, I presume thats a story from the comics? 

Thought they did the Jane Foster part pretty well.

I'll watch it at some point but the reviews I've skimmed over suggest they've tipped the style over substance balance and killed the golden goose which kind of felt inevitable, just got to hope they don't follow that on with GotG3 but again I suspect that they will

49 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'll watch it at some point but the reviews I've skimmed over suggest they've tipped the style over substance balance and killed the golden goose which kind of felt inevitable, just got to hope they don't follow that on with GotG3 but again I suspect that they will

Saw it last night and this was very much my reaction

• Like 1

Â