Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

For those of us of a certain age he's the guy off sky's la Liga advert 😉

He's got a strong northern twang to him, good strong deep voice but I don't think I've ever heard him be anything other than Yorkshire 

8 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Ralph Ineson, who played Finchie in the office and General Andrews in the Creator has officially been cast as Galactus in Fantastic Four.

Really pleased with this. Talented actor and a bloody good bloke from everything I've seen/read about him.

Did a great job in the First Omen recently to add to his pretty impressive CV.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

For those of us of a certain age he's the guy off sky's la Liga advert 😉

He's got a strong northern twang to him, good strong deep voice but I don't think I've ever heard him be anything other than Yorkshire 

He puts on an American accent for the Creator but his Yorkshire accent still came through. Maybe because as a Brit I know his voice so well.

• 4 weeks later...

Captain America: Brave New World is going through reshoots which will include adding in a new villain, played by Giancarlo Esposito, in a role that will also extend onto a new series apparently.

I just can't get excited about them adding a character with a view to using them in a Disney+ series, and it kinda feels that is part of the problem they've had with this phase, chucking shit into things without much forethought and ending up with pigs ear covered in things they hope are glitter.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Chindie said:

Captain America: Brave New World is going through reshoots which will include adding in a new villain, played by Giancarlo Esposito, in a role that will also extend onto a new series apparently.

I just can't get excited about them adding a character with a view to using them in a Disney+ series, and it kinda feels that is part of the problem they've had with this phase, chucking shit into things without much forethought and ending up with pigs ear covered in things they hope are glitter.

Never a good sign when you hear the word "re-shoots". Usually a recipe for a stinker.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Never a good sign when you hear the word "re-shoots". Usually a recipe for a stinker.

With Marvel it's a bit more complicated, in that they don't make movies the way other studios do and they essentially build in reshoots to their schedules and they expect they'll need to redo chunks of their movies. The only time you'll hear about reshoots with Marvel being an issue is where they've got particularly big problems or they're going something big. In this case, I don't think you can spin chucking a new villain in as less than big, even if it's a secondary or tertiary villain it's still a big change to do. There have also been whispers that the production and development of this film has been difficult, and test screenings supposedly haven't been great and seem to have inspired them redoing big chunks of it - there was talk they'd scrapped a few big action sequences for instance. 

Suffice to say I suspect it might be a mess.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, sne said:

Maybe the timing for introducing the  Sabra character isn't all that great? Having a Mossad hero will get some negative reactions I'd imagine.

Yeah... It never was a good idea. It's not even like the character is particularly relevant or big, and it invites loads of trouble. If they wanted to introduce a global intelligence service character, do literally anywhere else.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chindie said:

Has this got anything to do with the Majors problem?

46 minutes ago, Jon said:

Has this got anything to do with the Majors problem?

It could be, but I don't think so.

They've added this character in whole cloth, he wasn't in the script originally and it seems very odd to throw Kang in to this movie where he doesn't really fit. Esposito also allegedly turned down playing a Kang variant already. And the reports of the character appearance in the reshoots don't scream Kang - supposedly he's been seen in a tactical get up with a number of guns and an axe. 

It seems to me this is a new character and probably representative of them having ideas for some other project and wanting to introduce him now. 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I thought marvel TV had finally got itself a proper show runner to try and stop this shit from happening 

CA is in trouble, daredevil is in trouble, Majors is done...the end is nigh and they've imploded thanks to Disney+

Talking about daredevil, I watched the 2003 film again last night for the first time in about 15 years.

Got absolutely panned  at the time if I remember by the critics but it ‘s far better than I remember and quite moving in places. Farrell is excellent as Bullseye

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Talking about daredevil, I watched the 2003 film again last night for the first time in about 15 years.

Got absolutely panned  at the time if I remember by the critics but it ‘s far better than I remember and quite moving in places. Farrell is excellent as Bullseye

Not sure I've ever seen it

Would say bullseye in the netflix series was excellent I loved the everything is a weapon thing they did, I seem to remember him being deadly with a stapler 

But then I loved Netflix's DD in general and I'll be massively judgemental over what Disney do with him 

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not sure I've ever seen it

Would say bullseye in the netflix series was excellent I loved the everything is a weapon thing they did, I seem to remember him being deadly with a stapler 

But then I loved Netflix's DD in general and I'll be massively judgemental over what Disney do with him 

in the film, he’s deadly with a peanut as well🤣

Well worth a watch. It’s very dark when people get killed they get killed properly and portray hell’s kitchen as it should be

Garner. is really good as Electra and Affleck is good as Murdoch/daredevil

The kingpin is good as well

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

Not MCU (...yet) but Daredevil is a good movie, in it's directors cut form. It got panned by some for Affleck's performance, but he's on a hiding to nothing with that take on Daredevil, and doing blind characters is always a balancing act between capturing the look and actions of someone who doesn't use their eyes and just looking like you can't act, and it also got slammed for being unoriginal. The directors cut is much better and let's them focus more on Murdock as a lawyer, and his Catholic guilt, which in turn also lets the film balance it the dumber hokier stuff far better than the theatrical take. I've always quite liked it, but then Daredevil is one of my favourite characters and I'm sucker for the overblown goth, soft metal angsty melodrama styling.

Â