Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

The accent actually worked better for me than it did in the trailers. It's obviously an accent that's being put on, but it works better than it should and fits the character as things progress.

His accent had it's good moments but other moments he sounds like the ghost of Dick Van Dyke is possessing him. Oscar Isaac is definitely a magnetic actor that can carry off the role well. One plot point did annoy me was the confusing Friday for Sunday, I know I'm built different but if I woke up in the morning after waking up at home then I'd check my phone and see that it was **** Sunday and not Friday - did he not have to go to work on Friday? How do you go through a whole day thinking it was Friday, being out and about but not realise its Sunday? Also if Marc was the one who set up the date then he "was" Marc on the Friday when the date didn't happen so why didn't Marc go on the date he set up?

I think they captured the mental health aspect perfectly when he orders the steak well done .  You can taste how unhinged he is .

I think I filled my esoteric bingo card in record time too . Good stuff.

I really liked the first episode. Refreshingly different, Isaac was great, I have no problem at all with the accent, I thought it is one of the better efforts by a yank. I'm looking forward to the next one. 

I'm probably not core audience tho, I have no idea who Moon Knight is so it is all discovery for me at the moment.

I guess I'm really enjoying that they don't have to keep bashing me over the head with references from the avengers movies. The lack of baggage so far leaves a dark show feeling light to watch. 

• Like 1

Morbius was...OK I suppose.

Some bad dialogue, naff CG and the tried and tested (boring) 2 man weightless floating fightathon at the finale. 

Nowhere near top tier Marvel, but also nowhere near the car crash the reviews have coloured it to be.

In a pretty brilliant move, Moon Knight hid a link to his first comic appearance on the show. There's a QR code on the wall near the star where Steven shows the schoolgirl the sarcophagus exhibit, which gives a link to Werewolf by Night #32, where Moon Knight made his debut, as the villain.

Interestingly they're making a Halloween special for Disney+ about Werewolf by Night so it's almost a double easter egg. Albeit ones in the future.

Solid second episode. Lots of plot development stuff, but feels like we've mostly got the scene set now. And we got some action, which was fun. Not sure about the direction they've taken Mr Knight, but I had presumed this was going to be the move they'd make when comments about him suggested they'd changed things. Not the way I'd have taken it but works for the show.

Good stuff. And another QR code, a bit more obvious this week.

On 30/03/2022 at 22:45, villa4europe said:

I didn't mind the accents until it came to blatantly tacked on English-isms like the delivery of bollocks and jog on, that's trying too hard and doesn't pay off

This episode we got a "Wa Gwan" and "Wrong Endz"  🤣

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think it's a bit boring 

Yeah.

Watched the first 2 eps now and for me it's not interesting enough on a ep to ep basis. Think I'll give it a rest and maybe come back when the whole season is out.

Maybe it works as a show when you can binge it.

• Like 1

Good episode. The silliest so far, but it was always going to get sillier. 

You can see the ways you'd make this differently with a movie budget pretty clearly, and as a result it's not as good as it could be. Most clearly

Spoiler

the action isn't shot as well as it could be. You can see the ideas behind all of the beats but it's shot in a way that doesn't capitalise on it, and also feels a bit like they wanted to go harder than they ultimately did.

And the Ennead would be CGI'd to **** rather than the... 'clever'... way they actually did it while tying into the concept of avatars.

But it's still fun and feels like it still has its secrets to reveal. Moon Knight is cool and looks capable, Layla isn't just a beard, Isaac is great, Hawke plays a good unlikable villain. It's not a masterpiece, but it's good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

You can see the ways you'd make this differently with a movie budget pretty clearly, and as a result it's not as good as it could be. Most clearly

Reveal hidden contents

the action isn't shot as well as it could be. You can see the ideas behind all of the beats but it's shot in a way that doesn't capitalise on it, and also feels a bit like they wanted to go harder than they ultimately did.

And the Ennead would be CGI'd to **** rather than the... 'clever'... way they actually did it while tying into the concept of avatars.

But it's still fun and feels like it still has its secrets to reveal. Moon Knight is cool and looks capable, Layla isn't just a beard, Isaac is great, Hawke plays a good unlikable villain. It's not a masterpiece, but it's good.

Yeah I’m enjoying it, something a bit different in the Marvel Universe as well so it’s thumbs up from me so far.

• Like 1

I'm enjoying it. The bit where Moon Knight flew at the guy and had his Cape in the shape of the Moon as he did it..... yeah that got me. I'm a simple man.

And man I got reminded that the actor who played Mogart, Gaspard Ulliel passed away very recently which is a real shame. :(

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chindie said:

Reveal hidden contents

I think it's alright, I'll watch it next week but they don't show enough of him costumed up

Agree on the spoiler, it's miles off say daredevil, it's just kind of there 

Daredevil in general is where I think I'd like this to be, I want it to be more violent, I want MK to be more badass and at the moment he's really not, he's cool but he's not bone snappingly bad and I get the feeling (based on nothing) that he should be and Disney have pulled the punch, its not dark enough 

Spoiler

The scenes where Marc changes to Steven or vice versa and he's killed a load of men in super gory fashion but we don't see it does not work for me when you then have some basic almost boring combat that they do show

The fight choreography is poor and the stunt work isnt great 

Edited by villa4europe

I am hoping

Spoiler

the fact they're hinting at a third personality (which isn't unprecedented...) means he would have his own suit, and that that gives them the chance to do the black and white Shalvey armoured look..

Â