Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

Not convinced by the trailer for She Hulk, especially the scene where she’s carrying the man like a toy doll. Just seems too forced. I guess it’s to show how strong she is. 

Im not excited by either of the next TV series lined up.

They're announcing a new game tonight, not a clue what it is but it's by the guy who did hearthstone which was a free to play collectable card game

I would guess that it could be very big with a lot of characters 

Edit - FWIW I Googled what hearthstone was doing, it's 8 years old and still has 23m active players and makes around $40m a month for blizzard 

Edited by villa4europe

12 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not convinced by the trailer for She Hulk, especially the scene where she’s carrying the man like a toy doll. Just seems too forced. I guess it’s to show how strong she is. 

Im not excited by either of the next TV series lined up.

My wife's excited by the trailer and laughed at that scene. We might not be the target audience. 

• Like 2

Watched the first four episodes of Moon Knight. First two episodes were great I thought, then the next two were generic tired old Indiana Jones/Mummy/Buffy in a mental hospital but not as well done nonsense. I understand there is some reference to a particular comic book series with the hospital stuff but coming at it from not having read the comics it was a jarring, weird and poorly timed transition into that. I'm sure it'll make sense next episode but it just didn't really work for me at all.

So far it's been 50/50 brilliant and poor. Two episodes left to pull it back otherwise I'll probably have forgotten about it in a few weeks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Watched the first four episodes of Moon Knight. First two episodes were great I thought, then the next two were generic tired old Indiana Jones/Mummy/Buffy in a mental hospital but not as well done nonsense. I understand there is some reference to a particular comic book series with the hospital stuff but coming at it from not having read the comics it was a jarring, weird and poorly timed transition into that. I'm sure it'll make sense next episode but it just didn't really work for me at all.

So far it's been 50/50 brilliant and poor. Two episodes left to pull it back otherwise I'll probably have forgotten about it in a few weeks.

I enjoyed the first two like you, and I didn't like 3 and 4 for your reasons. Then I thought the last two were more of the same as 3 and 4—it was a big let down imo!

• Like 1

Just now, Rolta said:

I enjoyed the first two like you, and I didn't like 3 and 4 for your reasons. Then I thought the last two were more of the same as 3 and 4—it was a big let down imo!

Booooo!

3 hours ago, Rolta said:

Pretty much this. Overall was poor and a let down.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Started watching it over the weekend and at exactly the same point and feeling exactly the same way. 

40 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Started watching it over the weekend and at exactly the same point and feeling exactly the same way. 

Finished it. Can't say I thought it was very good really. Ep 5 felt like filler nonsense and ep 6 was just hugely predictable and just generally unoriginal.

And as for the 'twist' in the post credits sequence.... I mean if they hadn't telegraphed it so heavy handedly over the previous five episodes at every possible opportunity I might have found it interesting, but in the end it was just incredibly obvious and boring.

I felt like I was watching Star Trek Discovery or Picard at times - all show and no substance. Poorly written, predictable, no clear idea where it was going.... Such a shame because Oscar Isaac was great and the first episode on particular was excellent.

I'm a bit worried about where Disney might end up taking Daredevil if as rumoured they are going to do more with that character. I feel like the MCU TV shows have lost their way a bit now.

Just like Picard, this feels like a wasted opportunity of some good ideas. Maybe these days the studios are under pressure to put out quantity and the quality is just getting lost in the noise.

I think the MCU has lost its way a bit... 

Its too big, in places too weird, it's diluting itself, which you could argue is what the comics do too

Wanda and strange did very little for me, MK wasn't great

My main concern with DD is they won't do the violence or the fight choreography which made the Netflix show stand out because it was excellent, some of the best TV fight stuff I've ever seen 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think the MCU has lost its way a bit... 

Its too big, in places too weird, it's diluting itself, which you could argue is what the comics do too

Wanda and strange did very little for me, MK wasn't great

My main concern with DD is they won't do the violence or the fight choreography which made the Netflix show stand out because it was excellent, some of the best TV fight stuff I've ever seen 

There's been a noticeable drop since Endgame but I have to wonder if this is in part due to the lack of central figures the universe has been built around. The lack of Iron Man and Captain America (Steve Rogers version) has really affected it for me. The first 3 phases were all building towards that big battle with Thanos and you know they're trying to do something similar with Kang but it's just not there at all. Some of the Disney+ series have been excellent and others have been pretty dull. I did think Spider-man no way home and Shang Chi were solid MCU.

I do wonder if they'd have cast Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther had they known he was terminally ill. I think they were kind of building him to be the new "leader" of the MCU, filling the Iron Man/Steve Rogers void and his tragic death really threw a grenade into everything.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

There's been a noticeable drop since Endgame but I have to wonder if this is in part due to the lack of central figures the universe has been built around. The lack of Iron Man and Captain America (Steve Rogers version) has really affected it for me. The first 3 phases were all building towards that big battle with Thanos and you know they're trying to do something similar with Kang but it's just not there at all. Some of the Disney+ series have been excellent and others have been pretty dull. I did think Spider-man no way home and Shang Chi were solid MCU.

I do wonder if they'd have cast Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther had they known he was terminally ill. I think they were kind of building him to be the new "leader" of the MCU, filling the Iron Man/Steve Rogers void and his tragic death really threw a grenade into everything.

Yeah, who is the 'team' made up of now?

Thor & Spiderman really and then lots of other randoms which are all stand-alone at the moment.   Though so were Iron Man, Captain America, etc in the early days.   So i assume they will eventually start crossing over into each other's films?

• Like 1

On 18/05/2022 at 18:19, KAZZAM said:

Watched Dr strange.. 

Reveal hidden contents

Anyone feel Wanda was  a little too overpowered? And Dr strange was was way underpowered? 

Just felt like Wanda was a wrecking machine and Dr Stranges powers were pointless. 

I just watched it

Spoiler

Thats exactly what i thought. I was thinking this scarlett witch would kill thanos easily just was abit silly in my view. Thwy really made her quite evil in this one just because she wanted kids

The film itself i liked eas abut dark and had a horror vibe. The only bit i didnt like was the zombie twist. It was just a but too ridiculous for me.

Oh and that 2nd post credit scene has ti be the **** biggest pile of shit ive seen

12 hours ago, ender4 said:

Yeah, who is the 'team' made up of now?

Thor & Spiderman really and then lots of other randoms which are all stand-alone at the moment.   Though so were Iron Man, Captain America, etc in the early days.   So i assume they will eventually start crossing over into each other's films?

There’s a few more left I think. Thor, Hawkeye and Hulk of the original team. Sam Wilson and War Machine we’re also made Avengers in Age of Ultron. Spider-Man a little later.

Just watched avengers end game 1 and 2 again.

Spoiler

It does seem odd how weak scarlett witch looks in them and how invincible she is in doctor strange. Doesn't make much sense to me as the doctor strange scarlett witch could beat thanos with ease without thw stones

Scarlet Witch

Spoiler

is theoretically one of the most powerful beings in the Marvel universe. Her most infamous moment in the comics had her basically reinvent the entirety of reality to fit her own idealised dream world.

Wandavision deals with a fair bit of this and ends with her implied to have grown more powerful than she had been before. So I'm not really surprised she's shown to be a formidable opponent in Strange 2.

• Like 2

Â