Marvel Cinematic Universe

mikeyp102

16 hours ago, Chindie said:

So I've finally seen No Way Home.

That was wonderful.

I can think of ways to improve it, but what we get is exceptionally good. That's about the closest we're ever going to get to a really good episode of the animated series from the 90s in live action. 

Surprisingly emotional, manages to tie it's many threads together very very well, it's... 'gimmick'... works to an extent it absolutely shouldn't, it works as a finale to a trilogy and and the beginning of a new era.

One of the best in the MCU.

And at the end the suit he makes himself is the classic Ditko one!

47 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

And at the end the suit he makes himself is the classic Ditko one!

Indeed very classic looking, which is good as a Holland's suits in the series have gradually got worse.

Oddly thinking back to the film one of my favourite moments was one of the least important in the scale of things

Spoiler

Matt Murdock as Peter's lawyer. That is a real throwaway scene but kinda awesome too. Especially liked him catching the brick unseen, Peter saying 'how did you do that?!' and Murdock replying '... I'm a really good lawyer'. Brilliant stuff.

It's a superb movie. Even @Stevo985 might like it.

16 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Indeed very classic looking, which is good as a Holland's suits in the series have gradually got worse.

Oddly thinking back to the film one of my favourite moments was one of the least important in the scale of things

Reveal hidden contents

Matt Murdock as Peter's lawyer. That is a real throwaway scene but kinda awesome too. Especially liked him catching the brick unseen, Peter saying 'how did you do that?!' and Murdock replying '... I'm a really good lawyer'. Brilliant stuff.

It's a superb movie. Even @Stevo985 might like it.

I probably would like it but there's almost no chance in me seeing it.

I've been trying to do a watch through of all the Marvel Movies. I know the 3rd and 4th Avengers movies are meant to be amazing but I want the full pay off.

Unfortunately my watch through has stalled due to the first several movie (in time line order) being absolutely shit.

Irnoman and Avengers are in there which are good. But having to sit through Captian America and Thor 1 and 2 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Super excited for Moon Knight. Oscar Isaac is gonna kill it. From watching the trailer though I really think if he was still with us that Anton Yelchin would have been perfect for this role

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

Super excited for Moon Knight. Oscar Isaac is gonna kill it. From watching the trailer though I really think if he was still with us that Anton Yelchin would have been perfect for this role

Good shout. Yelchin was a great talent :( 

23 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Good shout. Yelchin was a great talent :( 

Of all the recast Star Trek crew I thought he was the best and most convincing. Played it very differently to Koenig, but it worked. A sad loss.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Of all the recast Star Trek crew I thought he was the best and most convincing. Played it very differently to Koenig, but it worked. A sad loss.

I also liked Karl Urban’s take on Bones but less said about Simon ‘Scotty’ Pegg! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theunderstudy said:

Yelchin wouldn't have been my first choice.  Didn't have the right look and I don't think I ever saw him in a role where I'd believe he was beating a guys head in.

Oscar Isaac isn't a bad choice in fairness for him - he looks right and is a bloody good actor. I'd have gone with someone like Hugh Dancy, or if we're going full on fantasy cast anyone at any time a young Eric Bana is basically bang on for Marc Spector. You need someone who can believably be multiple people, which includes a mercenary hard ass, a playboy, and a normal guy working nights as a taxi driver, and you also need to play a crazy person, and possibly at least 2 variants of the Moon Knight himself, depending on how they want to do Mr Knight. It's not an easy part really.

But that is kinda coming at it as a fan, and this isn't going strictly comic accurate by the looks of things - Stephen Grant isn't a British nobody for instance.

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

Everything I know about Moon Knight is because @Chindie loves him and has talked about it for years .

I want it to be good just for him .😃

It'll be gutting when it's shit :)

I just think he's a really cool character and gives a load of scope to do weird shit. In one 6 issue run of Moon Knight, the best run, the Ellis/Shalvey one, he does a take on the raid as he batters his way up an abandoned building, he fights ghosts, he investigates what is causing a section of people to go crazy... And all with this Egyptian mythology background.

A run that follows this is literally a running story where it's not clear if Spector is literally imagining all of the stuff he does and in moments of clarity realises he's in a mental institution, or whether that is in fact a delusion, or his other lives are real and all the stuff about Moon Knight is a manifestation of madness. Or all of it is real. Or its all allegorically real and his adventures are him coming to terms with what he is. Or its Jacobs Ladder. Or its all a trick to trap him in his own maze of madness. Or its all of it.

I've no doubt that the series isn't going to go into much of that, but **** it, there's enough there that if they even do a tiny part of it is potentially brilliant.

I wish they'd done his black and white armour look though.

a03506f331feb97f1f994498dfb47fd8.jpg

:wub:

Edited by Chindie
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chindie said:

It'll be gutting when it's shit :)

I just think he's a really cool character and gives a load of scope to do weird shit. In one 6 issue run of Moon Knight, the best run, the Ellis/Shalvey one, he does a take on the raid as he batters his way up an abandoned building, he fights ghosts, he investigates what is causing a section of people to go crazy... And all with this Egyptian mythology background.

A run that follows this is literally a running story where it's not clear if Spector is literally imagining all of the stuff he does and in moments of clarity realises he's in a mental institution, or whether that is in fact a delusion, or his other lives are real and all the stuff about Moon Knight is a manifestation of madness. Or all of it is real. Or its all allegorically real and his adventures are him coming to terms with what he is. Or its Jacobs Ladder. Or its all a trick to trap him in his own maze of madness. Or its all of it.

I've no doubt that the series isn't going to go into much of that, but **** it, there's enough there that if they even do a tiny part of it is potentially brilliant.

I wish they'd done his black and white armour look though.

a03506f331feb97f1f994498dfb47fd8.jpg

:wub:

Pretty much my biography.

I look forward to seeing how he plays me.

• Like 1

Actual reviews of the 4 episodes released to critics are out.

Apparently it's solidly good, Oscar Isaac dominates it, first episode is the highlight, has good action with the violence and gore upped a bit, some intriguing turns, left people wanting more but also probably the series that most needs to deliver a big ending they've done. On the downside it's supposedly quite messy, it's not as weird as it suggests it could get, theres not tons of action, some CGI is rough and Marc Spector isn't the most eye catching personality.

Oh and there's hints that Mr Knight isn't quite what comic fans might want, which is disappointing :(

But on the whole I'll take a solid 7/10 Moon Knight show

• Thanks 1

Enjoyable first episode. Not really what you might expect from this kind of show, it basically doesn't tell you much of anything that's going on - it's not an origin, we're just thrown into the chaos of an ordinary guys life that happens to have something very weird going on that he doesn't understand.

I can understand the criticism that some of the CG is rough. The chase scene has a couple of '**** it that'll do' shots.

But a decent start. It doesn't 'feel' very MCU, in a way it doesn't feel as polished (Hawke has some clunkers of lines and I don't think this villain would be portrayed this way if this was a movie, for instance) but equally not that it's bad, per se. There's a set up for something fun and interesting.

It's definitley weird, isaac just about carries it and makes it interesting, not a lot actually happens, I'm not itching for episode 2

Agree there's not much MCU about it, if marvel didn't flash up at the start you'd never know, it's different enough to get away with what that 1st episode was 

• Like 1

Moon Knight, good lord, 10mins in, I would have they might try to draw me in but it's just a few nobodies talking.about nothing, wait Eathan Hawke just walked in, it might pick up a bit, will continue under protest.

Finished ep1, another quantity over quality Marvel production for me. Hope the fans enjoy it though.

Edited by Phil Silvers

Looking forward to that at some point. At the moment, introducing the other half to Agent Carter. I remember it from several years ago coming out before the big universe thing expanded properly, and it was light cheesy stuff then, but yeah looking at it now :D It's so low budget and the epitome of some PG/U family friendly 6pm showing. Easy to watch, but do feel Hayley Attwell rather drew the short straw.  Will do Daredevil next after this. Only caught the first season of that, so should be fun. Other half hasn't seen the new spiderman yet either. so again, another reason to watch that for a (very small!) pay-off. 

Â