New Manager Speculation

maqroll

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You could be write, however player/coach wouldn't surprise me either.

Sure if there is any truth there will be some negotiation.

They will probably go for more experience as Assistant manager you reckon?

It just sounds so far fetched I cant believe it for a second. 

Maybe Henry might bring Remi Grade with him...:ph34r:

1 hour ago, TRO said:

He is a good manager as you say.......thats why he is being touted.

I guess he is in the frame......I wouldn't be disappointed if it was him.

I just think we have an opportunity like Wolves, to transform the thinking at the club and pursue a new direction.

opportunities don't always present themselves like this.

I understand that.

Big owners, big money, but the rest is just speculation, no guarantee the owners will spend huge, they may, but they may not.

They may not have big plans, it could just be that Villa is just another asset to have in there portfolio and they will let it drift along and just hope for promotion to sell at a big profit, nobody knows. 

I just dont get the appeal of Henry or Terry.

I dont like Terry for a start, so that probably clouds my judgement, id rather step on lego then have him at Leeds at all. 

Henry was awesome as a player, worked with lots of great managers, comes across well on tele.

But so did Gary Neville.

3 minutes ago, Cjay said:

I understand that.

Big owners, big money, but the rest is just speculation, no guarantee the owners will spend huge, they may, but they may not.

They may not have big plans, it could just be that Villa is just another asset to have in there portfolio and they will let it drift along and just hope for promotion to sell at a big profit, nobody knows. 

I dont like Terry for a start, so that probably clouds my judgement, id rather step on lego then have him at Leeds at all. 

Henry was awesome as a player, worked with lots of great managers, comes across well on tele.

But so did Gary Neville.

I doubt Henry would take the job without assurances of money to spend.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I doubt Henry would take the job without assurances of money to spend.

The good thing is that I can see Henry, having worked at various levels of football, from youth upwards, will have an eye for talent and can possibly use knowledge and unearth gems which might not necessarily be on the radar!

5 minutes ago, Cjay said:

I understand that.

But so did Gary Neville.

As you say......no guarantee's in football.

but we have our dreams.

we haven't had any chips for folk to piss on.......now we might have some.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The good thing is that I can see Henry, having worked at various levels of football, from youth upwards, will have an eye for talent and can possibly use knowledge and unearth gems which might not necessarily be on the radar!

I’m sure somebody commented back in the summer, that Henry has a vast knowledge of all the European leagues, even having extensive facts about players from teams in random leagues like the Austrian third division. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cjay said:

I understand that.

But so did Gary Neville.

Gary Neville, may have been left out to dry wuth no support.

I think our new people will give TH all the support he needs ( assuming its happening)

• Like 1

They’ve not bought Villa for an “asset in their portfolio”. Not in financial terms. Never in a million years.

They will run it properly, carefully, yes, but run it to Win.

Im as sure of that as I’ve ever been of anything in football.

• Like 3

Thierry Henry and John Terry would bring so much excitement and energy back to the club with immediate effect. We need a lift and they will give it. We just have to remember that Bruce had left us in a defensive mess and if Terry doesn't play we will struggle to keep clean sheets. But, hopefully, Henry will turn Grealish, Kodjia and co into world beaters and conceding 3 will be outweighed by us scoring 5 ?

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Just opened to this thread then very Renault Clio advert came on the tv. What a sign...

Maybe would have been a bit more of a sign if it didn’t come on around 20 times a day on a super Sunday. ;) 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

Henry is 1/8 with sky. 

Shortest price is 1/10 (betfred and 888).

Longest is 1/5 (Paddy Power and betfair).

Edited by av1
Addition

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Just opened to this thread then very Renault Clio advert came on the tv. What a sign...

My tea leaves this morning were in the shape of a balding head. It could link to numerous candidates but they looked more like Thierry to me. My only concern is the accompanying ‘full English’ had a broken fried egg that looked like McLeish. ?

• Haha 1