New Manager Speculation

maqroll

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

He is a good manager as you say.......thats why he is being touted.

I guess he is in the frame......I wouldn't be disappointed if it was him.

I just think we have an opportunity like Wolves, to transform the thinking at the club and pursue a new direction.

opportunities don't always present themselves like this.

Spot on.

Its a once in a lifetime opportunity in my view.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

100% Henry and Terry.

We have proven over and over that anything is a risk.

We have proven over and over that slow evolution, for a Club like us, is like trying to turn a Battleship around with a dinghy.

Weve gone nowhere.

At least we can try and go somewhere.

Ultimately, although it’s hard to remember, the idea of the game is fun, thrills, entertainment. We might even get that too.

I will be very disappointed if we don’t seize the moment.

Agree with this 100%

23 minutes ago, privateer said:

And their will be a DOF in place, as well who will complete the Tactical Triumvirate. If they do appoint Henry and Terry as coach/player coach team - and there is a lot to recommend that - the DOF appointment obviously has to be someone who is on board with those two and can work with them highly effectively. Wenger

Stop it now you devil!!!!

14 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I know he was working on them but not sure how far in. Atleast he won't have to hurry his european ones. 

I think you’ll find that winning The FA Cup gets you a place in Europe. Just saying......

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

All we need now is Patrick Vieira and we have an Ultimate dream team of CB, Midfield and attacking coaches.

:ph34r:

Imagine that. Terry CB and defensive coach, Vieira midfield coach, Henry attackers coach, Wenger DOF. Holy shit, that's footballing priapism right there. :crylaugh:

Just leaves the goalkeeping problem to be sorted.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Guessing you’ve never known someone who has mental health problems then.

I didn’t know that. You’re guess is also very wrong.

I’m sorry if he had mental health problems. I don’t know when they occurred or whether they were the reason for his lack of desire in his first season.  

All I remember was a player that got his dream move yet strolled around the pitch like he couldn’t care less. 

27 minutes ago, TRO said:

I just think we have an opportunity like Wolves, to transform the thinking at the club and pursue a new direction.

Santo had a wealth of managerial experience though before taking over at wolves. Henry has put the cones out before training with Belgium. Look I'd of gone with Smith but looks like it's done and dusted.

27 minutes ago, TRO said:

Santo had a wealth of managerial experience though before taking over at wolves. Henry has put the cones out before training with Belgium. Look I'd of gone with Smith but looks like it's done and dusted.

7 minutes ago, privateer said:

Imagine that. Terry CB and defensive coach, Vieira midfield coach, Henry attackers coach, Wenger DOF. Holy shit, that's footballing priapism right there. :crylaugh:

Just leaves the goalkeeping problem to be sorted.

Related image

41 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It's entirely irrational, but I just don't like Brendan Rodgers. Don't know what it is, but I don't see him as a Villa boss. 

I just want managers on the way up as opposed to across or down.

i just have this notion, that too many big clubs with big politics, make you weary and battle worn.....they call it experience, but it can make you cynical and defensive in thought.

I favour fresh and unfiltered thoughts and processes.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, terrytini said:

100% Henry and Terry.

We have proven over and over that anything is a risk.

We have proven over and over that slow evolution, for a Club like us, is like trying to turn a Battleship around with a dinghy.

Weve gone nowhere.

At least we can try and go somewhere.

Ultimately, although it’s hard to remember, the idea of the game is fun, thrills, entertainment. We might even get that too.

I will be very disappointed if we don’t seize the moment.

Bravo Terry.

Bold brings excitement, excitement brings enthusiam and initiative, which brings momentum.

lets go for it and as you eloquently say......seize the moment.....love it.

• Like 1