New Manager Speculation

maqroll

54 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

O'Neill threw his toys out and walked out. He didn't leave because he'd got a new job. which other teams have their new managers wait until a good time to leave? Presumably we'd be paying up for his contract ending early anyway.

Reminds me of Houllier's notice period...It's all very Aston Villa, I can't recall any other club putting up with it.

I fear I did not make myself clear. You are annoyed that Henry does not walk out even though Belgium has matches soon, and leaving them on short notice.  I frankly admire that kind of loyalty and professionalism that stays, gives reasonable and effective notice.  My biggest complaint was that MON left us high and dry with matches coming right up.  Of course neither of us have a clue what we’re talking about.  The odds are good there is no agreement he could leave Belgium for.   

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Christ, I bought a ticket to QPR away thinking we would have a manager sorted and things would all be rosy by then.

I have a horrible feeling MacDonald will still be in charge and players will still be running around like headless chickens.

Why is nothing ever easy at this place?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, midian said:

Friend of mine no reason to tell me lies,not claiming to be a ITK either just passing on what I have been told

Just worries me if its thought to have been done why Henry or anybody hasnt come out and said anything

That’s good news, thanks for sharing it.

If it is done and the owners have asked everyone to keep it quiet until the official announcement, that would make sense. I would have thought it would be more likely that we’d hear something if they weren’t coming. 

Been less than week guys - I think the press have got us all excited - and we all believed our board would have somebody 'lined up'  - Actually having someone lined up is the exception rather than the rule. 

I've been following villa for 45 years don't think we have ever dispensed with one manager with another waiting in the wings - Probably Brian little for big Ron was the closest. 

Don't forget our decision makers span the globe - as do some of the people we may be interested in - I believe decisions of this magnitude require face to face board meetings - perhaps that hasn't been possible yet.

I don't believe much was done on this last week - beyond initial soundings and formulation of a list of candidates - We have 11 days until our next match, the transfer window is shut - we all want it done - but there is no point panicking and just getting a manager in - we need the best bloke we can get.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

We have 11 days until our next match, the transfer window is shut - we all want it done - but there is no point panicking and just getting a manager in - we need the best bloke we can get.

Or woman.... #themtoo

• Haha 1

OK

Having previously ruled myself out I now declare I am fully back in the running.

Please can someone tell me what my odds are as I want to know if I am likely to get it.

Thanks

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

I'm pretty sure after all of this it's going to end up being Rodgers with Terry as the assistant. 

I'm beginning to think the same. Id be happy with that. 

24 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Christ, I bought a ticket to QPR away thinking we would have a manager sorted and things would all be rosy by then.

I go to a game in London with my mates every year (we go down for the weekend for the NFL games at Wembley)

I was chuffed this year that Villa were at QPR so we could see them. Was looking forward to them seeing a good Villa performance.

Now I'm dreading more of this season's dross :( 
And I'll be in the home end!

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

OK

Having previously ruled myself out I now declare I am fully back in the running.

I can't rule myself out of somethin ive not been offered ?

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I am now wanting John Terry and Gerry Francis so we can get some skiffle on.

Clintwood East for manager ?

Percy Crusoe as assistant ?

27 minutes ago, hippo said:

I've been following villa for 45 years don't think we have ever dispensed with one manager with another waiting in the wings - Probably Brian little for big Ron was the closest. 

Off topic but that piqued my interest. 

The appointment of Gregory took place pretty quickly after Little resigned too. Little was in charge of the Wimbledon defeat on 21st February and Gregory was in charge for the Liverpool game on 28th February. Not 100% sure when Little was sacked and Gregory was appointed, but it can’t have been more than two or three days in between, possibly as little as 24-36 hours.

Different circumstances and a different time etc.

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s a massive gamble Dave.  Could either be a stroke of genius or a complete disaster.

and the nailed on to get us promotion, previous manager has us bang in a similar position as we was when he started.

what a stroke of genius that was. 

and we sweat over a gamble....lets try the complete disaster

lets grow some balls.

• Like 2