Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

I don't know why lack of pace with Snodgrass is an issue. He delivers goals, proven. 100% commitment and desire. Some of the best players to ever play the game had no pace. Sure, a team in general definitely does have to have pace in it but a player with a left foot at good as Snoddy's is not something you can turn down. I'd snap their dirty West Ham hands off to bring him back. Definitely one of my favourite Villa players in a long time.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Warnock said:

That lion can mean anything, why are people reading so much into this? ?

I know these are completely separate but I think I remember a few other players doing something similar. Hourihane? Maybe Joe Bennett?

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Have you seen alot of the two potential forwards in Toni & Jordon then Danny?

Of your knowledge why is Jordon the better of the two?

Jordan is 26, is mature age, and potenial to big star and international. but he is might peck - 3th to 5th choice in west ham, he is need play regular reach maximum potenial. 

jordan is did brilliant for preston, and he is a benteke type he can header, can strength to hold off defender, and right time right place to goal, poacher in box and can threat in everywhere with long shot, also he is fairly quick player, i can see him a potenial england (when he is around 28-29 if he play regular)  forward stars in future after kane or that reason i find him suitable bruce way also he can play in any type tactical possession or target man, he is your man to player. I think Jordan can bring more goal threat that Kodjia from cross even long shot, pop in box, also if he partner kodjia in 3-5-2,\ 5-3-2 will bring us load of goal they will have diffcult to pick to man mark both.

and he can score load than Toni and he is were top scorer for preston, in 2016-2017, before he transfer request move to west ham (which sad as i don't like see player put transfer request to play for west ham), my nana is preston supporter i like update her about preston, that reason i keep eyes on preston and everton (half my family support villa and everton, few support wrexham), also i often tease my nana say i wish villa steal Jordan Hugill,, so we can goal more through him because he goal against us i think 3 to 5 time in 2 seasons before he join west ham last jan, he not play much for them, only 3 time (accord wiki)

also Jordan got experience play in Championship as Toni not.. 

these reason, i want him rather Toni as Toni i don't heard good about him, and i go look up at him stats not a good compare to Jordan as he low goal.

if toni join villa, i hope he prove me wrong, i will happy ?

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

If toni join villa, i hope he prove me wrong, i will happy ?

Thanks for the insight Danny. 

I think with Toni being younger of the two players having only just turned 21 that is one plus for him I guess and hopefully he can learn something here with us.

An interesting signing imo...  if we get it across the line.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Thanks for the insight Danny. 

I think with Toni being younger of the two players having only just turned 21 that is one plus for him I guess and hopefully he can learn something here with us.

An interesting signing imo...  if we get it across the line.

your welcome, 

yeh he is young 21 years old,  compare to jordan, but let us compare his age , we have RHM and Davis, even Knibbs, also Mckriry....on villa book and all of 4 these are very good young players especial Davis did Brilliant job last season. why we need loan him, what he will bring us ? when i don't know what he like.

that other reason i don't want him come to villa as i don't fan who young player other club loan, but i will accept if young player who high potential like Ben Woodburn as he is international for wales this reason i ok with it, or any mature or experience i am ok with it but like toni no thanks.. i rather play our young over him.

if it is different story jordan Hugill, that i will say YES! as Kodjia is keep injury and Hogan not suit tactical bruce way even he is good forward yet he failed goal load for us, Davis is get injury groin easy like last season and again in pre-season..  so left us have Kodjia and Davis suitable to Bruce style if both injury who we replace with ? that reason i point to Hugill not Toni. 

11 hours ago, Jareth said:

Totally agree, who on earth needs that position to provide 14 assists - bring back Adama Traore I say. 

For one season maybe two?  Invest in the right young player, you might get that for 6 or 7?

9 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Nzogbia?! He left two years ago when he was 30 and signed for us when he was 25/26! 

Micah signed for us when he was 27, he is only 30 now and only here cos we can’t get rid of him, and when he was young and hungry he was very highly sought after, would Micah have fitted in the young and hungry criteria ten years ago? 

May end read the last line of what I said again.

scout poorly and the age is irrelevant, you seem to be agreeing so thanks 

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So I read we are following the Wolves approach and working closely with Jorge Medes for signings. Makes sense and is quite exciting to here. 

I wonder if there are Portuguese managers looking for a new challenge too. 

jose-mourinho-manchester-united-07-11-20

1 hour ago, macandally said:

May end read the last line of what I said again.

scout poorly and the age is irrelevant, you seem to be agreeing so thanks 

So basically you’re just saying we should go and sign good players, well that’s bloody obvious. Bravo.

Edited by Tommo_b

I'd really prefer we had our own decent scouting system rather than having to rely on the pool of one agent with his own agenda, particularly when his first picks will presumably be wolves bound. But if its a short term thing, balanced with a couple of experienced players (eg snodgrass), while we sort the backroom out then I'm OK with it. 

11 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Toni Martinez, West Ham yoof has tweeted this. Everyone jumping on it saying he’s coming to either Villa or Millwall on loan. 

Hasn't anyone ordered a lion before and had to wait for delivery? I know I have. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, bobzy said:

If I offer a player £100k/week, does that make him suddenly awesome?!

No it doesn't, but the point you're missing is that you generally get what you pay for. The teams with the highest wage bills are consistently at the top of their respective leagues, because the best players tend to get the highest salaries.

Yes you have the odd team that drastically overpays for lesser quality (QPR in the PL or even us in the PL for example), but it generally holds true. It certainly did for us the last couple of years.

Not many teams in the league would have been able to afford Snodgrass or Terry's wages or a lot of our other high earners. No surprise hey also happened to be our best players. That is a distinct advantage we had over the teams in this league, and one that can't be ignored.

30 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

I wonder is Toni Martinez anything to do with Jorges  Mendes?

Not as far as I can tell.  Same agent as Carles Gil though so we will have worked with them.

Doubt there's anything in this though!

Why are people jumping on the 'working with Mendes' wagon? Just because the GK has him as an agent it doesn't mean he's going to flood us with young talent like Wolves. I'm sure Wolves are paying him very well for what he's doing with them and wouldn't like their local rivals getting the same benefits.

Â